Thursday, December 11, 2008

More New Releases From Flourishes!

Hi all! If you haven't taken a peek at the new releases from Flourishes -- you need to! This one is called Thinking of You by the ever so talented illustrator Marcella Hawley and features not only vintage like floral accents but elegant sayings that can be used in tough times.

Here's a peek at the full set....

And, here is what I did with it!

I used my Nestabilities Labels Two dies to create a frame, background and inner frame that was popped up with foam tape. The center is simply the With Deepest Sympathy saying that has been accented with one of the small flowers in the set. I used Olive and Brick Vivid ink to color my small flower and Versafine Black Onyx for the saying. The paper is My Mind's Eye. I used my ticket corner punch from Stampin' Up on all four corners of my decorative paper mat, strung some burgundy grosgrain ribbon through my frame, added a decorative brad (unknown maker) and added some deep rust self stick pearls as accents! I love the simple elegance of this set. Not a ton of stamping, but who would notice?
Hope you are all having a fabulous day! Be sure to check out the other new creations from the designers of Flourishes.....

See you back here tomorrow for one final peek!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sympathy card Julie!

The Rubber Maid said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors you used. Elegant! Mom

StampinCathy said...

This set is just beautiful and your card is fabulousl.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card Julie, I love all three of the new releases. Soon as I get a chance, I'm going shopping!

Anonymous said...

Cut it out! Stop making GORGEOUS cards that make me think I need new stamps. I don't, I don't, I don't and you're a bad influence, but I like you anyway.

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Julie. Really is a heart warming card with the warm colors and sentiment.

Charmaine said...

Beautiful card and love this set.

Charmaine

LeAnne said...

The image paired with the DP is wonderful! I am hankering for those dies!
LeAnne

Janine said...

Beautiful card Julie!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is so so pretty, love those colors.

Cindy Lawrence said...

I just love clicking on your Christmas-y blog, Julie....so cheerful! :) This card is just beautiful...wonderful choice of colors and papers!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning! The DP you used is perfect!!
--Becca

ChristineCreations said...

Julie, I love the warmth and color to this card...it's so beautiful!

Denise said...

Just beautiful Julie!! :)

Bev J. said...

Beautiful stamp set and card. Love the design. tfs

Diane said...

Such a beautiful set! And I love your card,the colors are gorgeous!

Latisha said...

so warm and beautiful
i like yours better :)

Elena said...

Gorgeous card! So elegant! Love the DP...

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Julie!!! Very elegant and it will comfort the recipient!!!