Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Over the river and through the woods.....

As many of you make the trek to family and friends' homes, I thought this cute little card would lift a spirit or two and maybe give an idea for a quick and easy card! I sent this one to a bloggin' bud.... hope she likes! ;-)

With this baby, all you need is a fun background stamp like a plaid, and something festive for the base of your card along with a main image and small saying. This card is fun because it's festive without a ton of work! The best kind of card-- don't you think? Add some pinked edges, a vellum tag and some sheer red ribbon.... and done! All the stamps are from Amuse and I think they are (unfortunately) retired. HERE is a link to their Christmas stamps. They have a TON of cute images!
Before I go, my DD and I were crafting over the weekend and she grabbed one of my stamp sets and said she wanted to make a card for Rudolph. She already made a candy cane for Santa. Well, I thought she did really good for a 5 year old! She even asked for a rhinestone for Rudolph's nose! YEAH! She is learning to love bling! She really loves to color -- which is so fun for me! I am thinking she might need a space in my craft room soon! :-) So.... we best get these "gifts" for the man in the red suit and his reindeer out soon! They will be here before we know it!


Blessings to you! Enjoy your time with friends and family!

6 comments:

retiredheather said...

Tell your daughter that Santa and Rudolph are very lucky to receive such a wonderful gift. They are both great cards. It is now Christmas Eve and I am getting ready for Santa`s visit. Enjoy a wonderful Christmas.
Happy Wishes for all
Heather

The Rubber Maid said...

Ellie did a GREAT job on her cards and I know Santa and Rudolph will love them. Hugs and kisses to you all, wish I could be with you but it just wasn't in the cards. Maybe next year. Love, Mom

Shirley said...

Both cards are works of art, Julie! Have a great holiday!

Mescrap said...

Wish you and your little sweet one ...Merry Christmas !

Elena said...

Julie! Your card is adorable! The stamp car is so cute!
Your daughter Ellie is so talented!!! Her candy cane is so beautiful! And her coloring is amazing! I think that Rudolf and Santa will love it so much!
Merry Christmas to you and your fmily Julie!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Cute card, Julie, and your daughter did a great job on her Rudolph card. Merry Christmas to you and your family!