Monday, December 8, 2008

Quick and Easy Christmas Cards!

We're on DAY 9 of a major celebration!! My bloggin' bud Sharon Johnson over at No Time To Stamp celebrated a huge milestone recently and now the festivities are underway to celebrate! She hit one million on her blog counter!!!! So, she invited her Stamp Simply design team along with some wonderful friends along to play! There will be candy and challenges and plenty of gift giving ideas ripe for the holiday pickings for 12 whole days!

Today's challenge is courtesy Jennifer Buck over at The Buck Stamps Here - With time speeding by, do you need some quick cards? If so, check out Jennifer's Featured Project today where she also challenges you to create some quick cards! If you do, you will be able to enter her BLOG CANDY drawing. You can see more great Quick Card samples by checking out Jennifer's designers: Janine, Tammy, AJ, LeAnne, Sharon and me!

My creation is almost too easy. If it takes 10 minutes that would be saying something! All it took was some glittered paper, some pretty ribbon, a Christmas sentiment, a punched scalloped circle and a pretty sticker! Put it all together and what do you get?

This card.... Here's a close up of the sticker. It is an Elizabeth Brownd design by K & Company and is actually embossed! It has some fun dimension to it! On my scalloped circle you will also see I added some faux stitching too thanks to a dashed circle stamp from an Impression Obsession clear set called Circle Elements 2.

And, here's a peek at the other offerings in that sticker set!

Today's other challenge is from the talented AJ Otto over at- The Willow Garden - How about a game? Check out the DT Trivia Game AJ is hosting! The winner will walk away with some fabulous blog candy!

Speaking of blog candy... Sharon Johnson at No Time To Stamp? has more! Yes! More! So go check it out!

Hope you enjoyed today's Stamp Simply creation! Don't forget to check in on the other gals! And remember, if you want to try your hand at a challenge, you can upload projects and link to your blog in a comment or you can upload to Splitcoast using the key word SSC08!

And, if you want to stay up to speed on different daily challenges and blog candy giveaways, click HERE to travel to "Party Central!" That's where you'll find a daily rundown of all the Stamp Simply Celebrates happenings!

That's it for today folks! See ya back here tomorrow!


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the faux stitching. Which Impression Obsession clear set, Jules? What a nerve saver! Time, too, not untangling the sewing machine dogs!! Super card, special for any occasion; lovely sticker set.
Keep Looking Up!

Janine said...

Hey Julie!! Fabulous quick simple card!! Hope you are well!!

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julie ... these stickers look awesome (actually I think I have these in my scrapbooking stash ...) Great idea ... beautiful!! LOVE the faux stitching ... just the right touch!!

Anonymous said...

love the card Julie!!

Elena said...

This card is gorgeous Julie! Love the faux stitching!

LeAnne said...

Julie, these are gorgeous. Man, what yummy stickers....if I had them I would probably hoard them too! Great job on the quick cards!
LeAnne

Jennifer Buck said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Julie! Thank you so much for helping with this one! Your card is amazing! :) Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Theresa Momber said...

Love the gorgeous simplicity of this card! So elegant and that sticker is stunning!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS! And, oh my gosh, I've got those stickers . . . you've totally enabled me girl! Thanks so much for sharing, I didn't think to use them in a card, woo hoo, how happy I am!

Anonymous said...

I like the old fashioned elegance of this card.

Swedie

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Julie! I'm kicking myself... didn't even think to look through my stashes and see if I had any stickers!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! Simple, but very pretty! Just what I like! Hope you are keeping well and enjoying the Season!
smiles,Deena

Deborah Saaranen said...

So, so pretty! Great use of a sticker!!!

Bev J. said...

So very pretty. I love the stickers by K&Company. I have some that aren't holiday themed and find them almost to pretty to use. tfs

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful card. Love all the details you added to this card.

Barbara Schram said...

WOW!!!! Look what you can do with a sticker! Just beautiful, my friend! LOVE it!

Curt in Indy said...

Love this card Julie! And that ribbon/bow. . .fabulous!!! Best, Curt

Kimberly Crawford said...

that is so beautiful! Love the stitching you did!!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Talk about a gorgeous sticker pack -- your card is beautiful!!!