Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stamp Simply Celebrates-- Day 2!

Hi all! Hope you are having a great start to your week! I have a quick card to show today before I get to all the happenings with the Stamp Simply Celebrates party! So.... here goes! When I saw this snowman paper, I just knew I had to make a card and make him center stage! So, away I went! I whipped out my sewing machine for a little zig here, a little zag there! I cut out a tag with my Spellbinders ribbon slide tag die and added some antique linen distress ink around the edges. The saying is from a Cornish Heritage Farms set called Joyeaux Noel and was stamped in Stonewashed Adirondack ink. Add some satin ribbon and a pearl, mat it up and you're almost done! It's hard to tell, but I added Candlelight Shimmerz to all of the snowmen to add some razzle dazzle!

Here's a close up! Can you kind of see it??? In real life, it's really super duper sparkly!!

All in all, an easy card that I think is just cute! It's kind of a heart warmer if you ask me!! :-)

Now.... to the party!!!!

We're on DAY 2 of a major celebration!! My bloggin' bud Sharon Johnson over at No Time To Stamp celebrated a huge milestone recently and now the festivities are underway to celebrate! She hit one million on her blog counter!!!! So, she invited her Stamp Simply design team along with some wonderful friends along to play! There will be candy and challenges and plenty of gift giving ideas ripe for the holiday pickings for 12 whole days! Today's challenge is over at Becky Oehlers' Place - Hemidemisemiquaver Design! The goal is to create an unique packaging idea that is perfect for the holiday gift giving season! She's got a crew of sample makers all aiming to please! So get ready to be "WOW"ed!

The second challenge is with Darlene Pavlick at Dar’s Crafty Creations! If saving postage is of interest to you — be sure to check it all out over at Dar’s today. There are some talented sample makers who have helped Dar out by providing some extra inspiration -- so check out the links!

Remember! If you want to try your hand at a challenge, you can upload projects and link to your blog in a comment or you can upload to Splitcoast using the key word SSC08!

Sharon Johnson - No Time To Stamp? - has a piece of candy up for grabs — be sure to stop in and see if you can Scor-It!!!

Becky also has some candy offerings at Hemidemisemiquaver Design - So stop by and check it out!

That's it my friends! I'll be back tomorrow with more Stamp Simply Fun!! Tomorrow, I'm playing along and will hopefully have some inspiration for those last minute Christmas card makers!!!

Until then!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome quick card Julie!!! Love it!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

I love that paper!

WhimsicalThoughts said...

Great card!

Donna C. said...

I have got to know what the brand of that snowman paper is. I love it SO much. Your card just grabbed me. Can you email the answer to rubyslippers@neofast.net please, pretty please?

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just adorable, Julie!!! Love the sparkle on that super-cute paper!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, Julie. That dp is so fun. Love the stitching, too... a perfect touch.

The Rubber Maid said...

What an adorable card, I love the paper and it made into a really cute card. Mom

Bev J. said...

Love the crackled look paper. Sure makes a quick, neat card. tfs

Michelle Woerner said...

Super cute! I love using DP as a quick and easy card. This snowman paper is really cute. AND the unexpected pearl -PERFECT!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh WOW - that snowman card is a jaw dropper, for sure!!! You say super duper cute -- I say totally fabulous and gorgeous!!! AMAZING what you can do with ribbon and a little shimmer!!! Great job!!!

Renee G said...

Can you tell me what the company of that snow man paper is!? I love it!!!!!!!! Thanks
email me at
ibredrenee@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

This is SOOOOO adorable Julie, I love the snowman paper, fabulous Christmas card!

LeAnne said...

Hmmm, I'd love to know that name of that snowman paper, too! So sweet, I can see lots of uses for that. Very cute card!
LeAnne

Elena said...

Very cute card! Love the paper!!!

Mescrap said...

This is so lovely. Love the crackle effect.

Anonymous said...

Adorable Julie! I love that DP too!!
--Becca

Shirley said...

No kidding? Just paper? How drop dead pretty! So wonderful and to elegant!