Monday, December 29, 2008

The Ultimate Valentine Challenge!!!!

Hi all! I made this card using some cutie patootie images forever ago... but it is in a stack of cards ready to head to my mom's mailbox! She has her mission - Cards 4 Kids - where she donates hand made cards to the children at Children's Hospital in Detroit. It's funny because when I was a kid, I needed surgery when I was about my daughter's age (5) and -- this is the hospital that took care of me! Now, my mom and I use our time and talents to help the children that spend time there now.

Well, not too long ago, my mom got a call from the administrator of the hospital asking if she could round up 1,000 valentines for the kiddos there. They need blank ones (basically no signatures from us) so that the kids can pick and then send them to other friends and family. When my mom heard this -- she literally started to panic! I emailed a few friends to see if they could help and a couple -- Sharon Johnson and Jennifer Buck -- said count me in! It was Sharon's idea to make this a challenge to see if WE the stamping community could hit 1,000! And, Jennifer said she would not only make cards and post about it -- she'd offer up blog candy! So, here I am! I am not only going to kick up my efforts but I am going to offer up some candy of my own! If you comment here and then pledge some cards by emailing my mom at Mrsmiley6@aol.com - your email will be thrown into the hat for my candy. You can check out Jennifer's offerings by clicking HERE! And, my mom will have candy too! Click HERE to sign up for hers!

What's my candy? Two stamp sets! One called Be Mine from Impression Obsession and another called I Love Roses from Flourishes LLC along with 5 yards each of pink and red sheer May Arts ribbon and some soft pink Kaiser rhinestones! All you need to do is pledge some cards and email my mom at the address above to get her mailing address! I'll keep this candy open for the next three weeks to give you the time to make and send! I'll close my candy on January 20th-- extended one more week! That would give you almost a full month to be able to use these beauties below! Just in time for Valentine's Day!







AND THIS SET HAS BEEN ADDED TOO! Thanks to the fabulous Cambria Turnbow!!!





In the words of Sharon -- Can we do it????? I think we can!

Thanks for all your support! Cardmakers truly have the biggest hearts!

Post a Comment