Tuesday, December 30, 2008

You've gotta have heart!!!

Oh my gosh! Since yesterday's post, my mom has had a ton of emails from folks pledging Valentine's Day cards for her Cards 4 Kids program. THANK YOU! It's amazing! We might just hit the 1,000 card mark needed for the kiddos at Children's Hopsital of Michigan! Amazing!


Well, I was so inspired by the comments, I could literally think of nothing else but creating Valentines today! So, I decided to make some ATC size ones. I even found THESE envelopes that will be perfect! They are called Mini #17 Envelopes. I can't wait to deck them out too!


I chose some stamps from High Hopes, Gina K. Designs and Impression Obsession! On the back are the sayings and probably comes as no surprise you might find -- "I've gone hog wild over you!", "Some birdy loves you" and "You Warm My Heart!" I know. I know -- sappy-- but it is Valentine's Day afterall-- right!

I have pre-cut several dozen more so I am ready to go again when the moment strikes! I have to wait in the doctor's office tomorrow. It's ok to bring my markers-- right??? LOL! Hope everyone is having a great week! Oh.. I almost forgot!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! HERE'S TO AN EVEN BIGGER BETTER 2009!!!!!!

17 comments:

Janine said...

Hey Julie.... I think it's wonderful that Pat has had such a great response...
I started mine last night too.
Have a great evening!!

WhimsicalThoughts said...

Wow, that's awesome that so many people responded. I'm a bit under the weather right now, but have all my pre-cuts done so they are ready for me when i'm feeling better. Happy New Year!

~ Toni

paylin said...

Hi Julie
Just to wish u happy new year and ur dream will come true

Regards and happy crafting

Anonymous said...

These are all so adorable Julie! Just love them!

Diane said...

Those are wonderful!!! And so is your Mom! I sent mine in the mail today!
Happy 2009 to all your family too!!

The Rubber Maid said...

how cute those cards are and I know the kids will be snorting with laughter when they get the piggy ones. Adorable DD ! Mom
And the pledges keep coming in. I have had 142 e-mails thus far, can you believe that? Awesome people.

Elena said...

It is wonderful that so many people responded!
Love your Valentines! They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Finished my cards up for her last night. Your mom has a HUGE heart! have an awesome New Year sweetie!

Anonymous said...

These cards are precious Girl!! I have already started on my cards too. Happy New Year to you and yours :)

Becky said...

These are just adorable, and your coloring is awesome.

Barbara Schram said...

Julie,

These are great Valentines! I am planning on making some and will let your Mom know! Thanks so much! Happy New Year, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' those lippy balloons! Ha! Teens should go waa waa peazy sneezy!
Thanks for the envie directive. Great suggestion.
Keep Looking Up!

Anonymous said...

Wowee!! These are all SO CUTE!! Love the sentiments--they're perfect! I'm working on Valentines for the kids now, but just getting started. Sure wish I had some of those perfect little envelopes. Maybe it's not too late to order some... Or...I think I just got an idea! Thanks, Julie!! Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Hope rubbermaid has to call the post office, UPS, FEDEX, ConWay! for specific delivery times!! and help up and down the stairs!! What a way to demonstrate to hosp admin that crafter/ stamper world wide are a responding caring crew!
Go! Crafters, GOGOGOGO!
Watching all five bowl football
games with the fam doing shifts
for auto oil changes in garage.
Stamp on! Crate 'em! Post 'em to
Cards4Kids c/o rubbermaid.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited. I have made 8 cards to send to your mom. My daughters and I made them yesterday.
I will mail them out to her on Monday.
I am sort of proud of myself. I have never done anything like this before. I have always thought my work would not be good enough. Thanks for including us.

Melanie said...

wwoo hoo, look at hthose falmingos hugging!!! :) too cute, ALL!!

Gina Wrona said...

Hi Julie!

I emailed your mom today, and guess what? I'm from Michigan as well, go figure.

Thanks!
Gina