Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cherry Blossoms....

Hi all and Happy Saturday! I can't believe that it's rainy here when most of America would love nothing more than a warm weekend of sunshine to enjoy for a three day weekend! Oh well, maybe I can make lemonade out of lemons -- or at the very least a few margaritas! :-)


I have a New 2 U card today. I made this one for Flourishes' recent release and haven't yet posted!


This one is super duper easy peasy. I stamped my Cherry Blossoms with Versamark Sepia ink onto Flourishes European watercolor paper and then spent some time just watercoloring! I used my Distress Inks to bring in the color and picked up Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint and Tea Dye. I love to use the reinkers, and put a droplet into a paint palette picking up the color with a water brush. After I was done, I used the petite ovals to cut my shape. I matted it up on a piece of brown paper that I had stamped with the Basketweave stamp. The rest is just matting it up! Take Labels 8 die with some decorative paper and then sand the edges, add some dimension with a CB embossing folder to your main mat (Swiss dots) Add a little gold leaf edging, some pearls, and some ivory crochet lace trim and... voila! I love the vintage feel!

Hope you are able to kick your feet up and relax a bit this weekend! I have no idea why -- but when Memorial Day weekend hits, I think I NEED to do home improvement projects so hubby and I are in the middle of finishing a painting job and organizing our storage area. Sounds like a blast-- doesn't it??? :-)

See you back here soon (that is if all the stuff in storage doesn't fall on me and bring me to my early death! -- just kiddin'!! I hope.)

Take care!

Post a Comment