Monday, May 31, 2010

VSN Fun!

I have to say, Beate Johns is a big enabler! :-) She was sharing some of her creations this weekend for the Virtual Stamp Night over on Splitcoast Stampers and after seeing some of her awesome handiwork....I got bit by the VSN bug. Before I knew it, I had whipped out 8 cards and uploaded them to SCS! I know this sounds odd, but it's kind of a rush when you're creating so fast that the paper is literally flying!


One of the challenges was called Color Me Sunny and you were supposed to use So Saffron, Coral and Kraft with your creation. I immediately thought of Flourishes Gerbera Daisies for my card!



It's funny, I started my card and when it came time to add the coral... well, I didn't have any.. not even a small scrap of something that might qualify! So, to help with my card, I opted for a coral colored button and then I colored the center of my daisies a coral color too with my Copic Markers (Y21,Y23,Y35,Y38, B0000, G40, YG63). I think it works! Add a fun ruffle and then some yellow gingham ribbon and... done!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! For those reading that have loved ones serving in the military,please give them an extra hug from me. We will be eternally grateful for their service.

God Bless, Happy Memorial Day & I'll see you back here soon!

6 comments:

Lueyes said...

Lovely Card!

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Julie

this is very beautiful
and your coloring is great


greetings karin

glenda said...

I just love your card! You Copic coloring is great! I'm still playing with my markers and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not! Have a great week!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, it's so pretty, Julie, and done so fast! Unbelievable. I long to be able to stamp like that. The ribbon and ruffle and coral button really set off the image. I just love this card!

Betty said...

Very pretty. I just love that set!

Anonymous said...

My, how that orange accent button brings out flower center highlights! What a smart choice, Julie. Yes, spring is in the air.