Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm a friend of Card Maps!

With June 1st comes a whole new crop of sketches to get those creative juices flowing over at Page Maps! And, I was lucky enough to be a 'Friends of Page Maps' guest designer for this round of sketches!

So, want to see the sketch???

And, here's my take on it...


When I saw the sketch, I just knew I wanted a sunny and summery card. I also loved the cute little buttons in Becky's sketch, so I also knew I didn't want to wing it on that detail. So, here you have it ~ a little polka dot paper, some stitching, some fun gingham ribbon, a punched edge and a cute little stamp and sentiment. I used the Strawberries set from Flourishes and colored it up with Copic Markers in R24, R27, R29, YG00, YG03, Y15, Y17 and a little shading with B000.

Want some extra sketch inspiration? Be sure to check out the latest CardMaps sketches HERE. Becky always puts together some fantastic and fun card layouts that truly inspire!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back here soon!

8 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Oh it totally says summer Julie! Yummy reds, and I love your layered embellishments. A fun sketch!

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card...I am off to open my page maps email and take a peek at the sketches too!

Stacy Morgan said...

THis is darling Julie!

Leslie Miller said...

This is darling, Julie! I love all the red and the way you placed the little strawberry flower to sweeten the deal. Beautiful sketch by Becky!

Anonymous said...

I love your card, Julie. It sure reminds me of summer! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joan
MN

Diane said...

Sweet card!! Love strawberries,one of my fav!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Buffalo, NY! This is a great card Julie...and thanks very much for sharing the CardMaps website info!! I will be visiting there often! debbie

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Fabulous card, Julie. Love that strawberry and you've colored it wonderfully. The layers of ribbon and buttons are perfect.