Sunday, June 13, 2010

Timeless Tuesday... on Sunday!

You could say I am REALLY late to the FTTC70 party. But, after making this creation and knowing that it qualified for Dee's White and Black plus one color challenge, I thought I'd go for it! If you want to see more about the challenge, you have one more day to try and play. Just click HERE!


I have to say, I also used one of the Page Maps sketches that was just released on the first of June. You can click here, and then click on Card Maps if you want to see!


This card is kind of a clean and simple design. My card was made using the Fanciful Flourishes set from Flourishes. After stamping my butterfly in Violet Mist Vivid ink and then the flourish butterfly over top in black -- I cut it out, popped it up and then matted it on a blossom die cut from Spellbinders. Add the Damask to the top of your piece of purple paper, add some trim and fabulous rhinestones and... you're almost done! I did stamp the smaller damask from the set and then put my sentiment over top front and center. Like I said, clean and simple!

Just a quick card and a quick post. I hope you are enjoying your weekend! We have had kind of a wet and chilly weekend (perfect stamping weather!). I actually made three cards yesterday -- which is really rare for one sitting. I like to spend hours coloring and I think these three cards took most of the day! Stay tuned, I'll be sharing those sometime this week!

Have a fabulous start to your week and I'll see you back here soon!

4 comments:

Glenda said...

Beautiful card Julie! Just love the butterfly!

Sue from Oregon said...

very pretty!

Darlene said...

Wow, what can I say ... just GORGEOUS and in MY color!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Julie so cool you played with us again....I love it!!! Your color choice is WOW!!! Super gorgeous CAS card!!! Hugs ~S~