Monday, May 3, 2010

Playing in the Garden!

Hi all & happy Monday! Not too long ago, I got some time to play in the garden. Well, relatively speaking. I had been seeing a ton of cute cards made with stamps that were garden vignettes. Having the From the Garden set from Flourishes, I knew that there was so much more I could do with that set.

So, I took an afternoon, a whole mess of Post-Its, and my Copic Markers and went to town! I ended up coming up with a handful of cards and used this set in so many fun ways! I thought I'd take a few Mondays for a little show and tell!

So, without further ado, here's part one! I thought I'd start showing you the set so you could see how I altered a part of it!

I started out wanting to use the gloves and watering can vignette. Instead of using the little pot, I wanted one with flowers in it instead. So, being careful with my mini-Memento ink pad, I just inked up that section of the stamp and... voila!
Then, it was time to create a mask! I was out of my Eclipse tape, so I picked up a Post-It to create a mask. I cut along one edge and....I was ready for the next step!
Here's a peek at it in place...
And then, I stamped my petunias over top!
Next, I created a mask for my petunias and put it in place...

And then, stamped the pot where I wanted to hold my petunias!

And... voila! My new "garden scene!"

All that was left was to color it and give it some life. I used a mix of Copic Markers from the Sunflower, Flesh Tones 2, Cool Neutrals, Falling Leaves and Violets collections grouped by Flourishes. I also used the lightest color of the Sky collection blended with a blender pen to add a bit of color around my image.

And... drum roll please.... ta da! This is the result! I paired my image up with some Websters Pages paper and some of the new crocheted lace trims that Flourishes carries.

I really love how this one turned out! And, wait 'til you see the other cards I whipped up. With my next card, I used three different sets to create one quaint country scene. So, you'll have to tune back in next Monday for a look see! :-)
Have a fabulous week!

Post a Comment