Saturday, March 17, 2012

Fun little treat pouch!

Hi everyone and happy Saturday! Gosh, this week has been a creative frenzy and today -- I have more fun coming your way with a blog hop designed not only to inspire, but to give you a chance to win some fabulous goodies as well! It's a......



These two great companies teamed up to show you what you can do when you pair Scor-Pal with American Crafts! If I am your first stop -- you will want to head on over to the American Crafts Blog HERE to start the hop! Like I said, there are giveaways along the way, so you don't want to miss out! 

On to my creation! I whipped up this little treat box and coordinating mini card. My card is only 4" by 4", so you get an idea of the size of each one! 
I used the Garden Cafe collection and I have to say, I love these bright and cheery papers -- they just make me want to smile! 


To get started I began with two pieces of paper that measure 8-1/2" by 4-1/2" (paper is Petunia's Pastries) 
From there, using my Scor-Pal, I scored 2" around the two shortest sides and 2" along one -- only one of the longest sides. I also scored on the 1"  and 7-1/2" lines, stopping at the lower score line. I inserted some graphical guides for you to "see!"
I folded the bottom up and then, ad you can see, I cut along the score lines. 
On the second piece, I scored just like the first but instead of cutting flaps, I cut out those two outer sections completely.
Add some Scor-Tape like so.....
I folded the flaps in and then, inserted the second piece of card stock like so...
I folded a mountain fold along the sides like so....
And then, I cut off 1" of my sides along the mountain fold.
Add some Scor-Tape on the outside like so....

 And secure the two pieces together to create the base of your treat box!
 Next, you'll want to make the flap for your creation. I started with a 4-1/2" by 6" piece of paper and scored along the 3" line, folding with a mountain fold. I also used a die cut edge to create my curvy flap. You can use punches or whatever you have, just to give the front of your treat box a little extra pizazz!
The next step is one that really isn't all that necessary. I wanted my flap to be two tone, so I cut the edge off my flap and then  flipped the paper, using the opposite side of the Clover Cantina Varnish paper at the top. I sewed the two pieces together and then added some teal ribbon as a kind of cummerbund closure. Then, I accented with a "Delights" accent in Biscotti.  Just that simple! Now I can get some candies or goodies to stick inside to give as a little thank you gift to someone special! 

I wanted to create a kind of gift set, so I created this coordinating 4" by 4" card using the same papers that I used for my treat box. After layering, adding some stitching and pinking the edges, I added a band of the same teal twill ribbon, used one of my Spellbinders Beaded Circle Dies as the front mat for my card and then accented with another one of American Crafts chipboard stickers - it's called "Details Trifle." 

And here's another look at the finished project! 
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great rest of your weekend. Now be sure to hit the next spot on the hop and visit....

Post a Comment