Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sneak Peek Day 2: Botanical Bookplates!

Welcome to day 2 of Flourishes Sneak Peeks for our March Release! Today I am helping to unveil not only a brand new stamp set but a coordinating die to make sure that your image is cut and embossed perfectly, each and every time. Are you ready for a peek?

Introducing....
And, it's matching die....
Flourishes' new Botanical Bookplates Vol. 1 set might scream spring, but pair it with this matching die and you're sure to create beautiful cards all year long with Violas and Snowdrops that are as beautiful as those in real life! This new set illustrated by Marcella Hawley features two large focal images plus two smaller bookplate versions that are perfect for tags, or adornments on cards or creations. Add in 5 beautifully scripted sentiments, and you have the makings of beautiful creativity. Botanical Bookplates Vol. 1 was designed to match our Tailor-made Classic Bookplate Die for a perfectly cut and embossed image each time!

On to my creation!

Ok, I have to admit, my card today was inspired by a couple of Flourishes designers! Both Barbara Anders and Stacy Morgan create with "white" beautifully. I have ALWAYS admired how they can use white in such a way to make the color they do have on their cards POP. So, I "tried" to make that work on my card today! I started with a main panel that I embossed with one of Flourishes new folders called Diamond Shadows. I also used Cindy Lawrence's tutorial on how to create a fancy border on the side of my card! If you  haven't checked it out, you should! Just click HERE. After I stamped my main image on Flourishes Classic White with Tuxedo Black Memento, I colored with some of the soon-to-be released Copic Collections from Flourishes! I used Clematis and New Fields. And then, after I was finished, I did use the lighter shades from the.... 

to shade around my flowers. And, then, the centers of my violas were done with the....
From there, add a matching ribbon, a pearl brad and some lovely lace and you're almost there! The  sentiment stamped on a strip is also from this set! The orange paper is from BasicGrey's Indie Bloom and the purple is a strip from my scrap bin. 



Would you like to win our new Botanical Bookplate Vol. 1 and Classic Bookplate Die set? All you need to do is leave some love in the form of a comment on the blogs below! Why? You need to try to figure out…..
 

One of the ladies on the link list below will be picking a name from the comments on her blog post today. We don’t know which one it is… so the more blogs you leave comments on, the more chances you have to win! So what are you waiting for? Hop on over and see…….
DID YOU KNOW YOU COULD WIN FLOURISHES' ENTIRE MARCH RELEASE?  Have you checked out their Pinter-inspiration color challenge?  Just click HERE to find out how to play! You can also play in their Noon Time Challenges! Yesterday at noon, they unveiled the Round and Round Challenge -- click HERE for details!  And, today at noon, Flourishes will share another fast paced way to win the entire March release! So get those fingers inky and good luck! See you back here soon!
Post a Comment