Friday, July 22, 2016

Hearts & Flowers

Hello & Happy FRIDAY folks! Goodness gracious, as I type this and look at my last post -- where have I been? It seems like life has been rushing by at warp speed these days. I am happy to say that today I actually have some goodies to share and some fun news too!

First of all, I am quickly becoming a Jennifer McGuire junkie. I used to check in to see what innovative and fun things she was doing every now and then but NOW I get updates on my phone letting me know when she updates her Youtube channel and BAM... I am off to check her out.

Recently, she did a video tutorial on how to do mirror stamping with the Misti Stamping Tool. I was intrigued.  Power Poppy had just released the set Soothing Sympathy and I had been eyeing that little droopy Forget-Me-Not flower, wanting to form it into a heart. Here's a peek at the set so you can see what I mean....


Check out that little Forget-Me-Not bunch at the bottom there -- don't you love it? Long story short, I wanted to give Jennifer's tutorial on mirror stamping a try. So, I grabbed these things....


And after following her tips step by step, you can see that I did get an impression.....


But if you look at it closely, it's not perfect. I think this technique would work well with those thicker-lined stamps without a ton of detail. You can see that the image on the right is a bit blobby -- if that is a word. And, the image on the left looks darker because that was my original stamped image. Is it awful? No, not really. Just not what I wanted.

So what did I do?

I begged, begged, begged and begged some more for Marcella to release this little flowy flower already done up in a heart as a digital stamp  -- one I could print, color and then, as you can see above, die cut with a heart die if I wanted.

Guess what?

She did! So, check out my sneaky peek! Forget-Me-Not Heart will be a part of Power Poppy's next Digi On the 5s release -- which is --- JULY 25TH! Wooooo Hooooo! You'll have to tune on in to the Power Poppy blog on Monday to see how the Instant Gardeners use this super sweet image. I cannot express how excited I am!

So, since I got my hands on this image a bit early, let's get to what I created! I did use some of the sentiments from the Soothing Sympathy set. That's the beauty of Power Poppy images, you can mix it up -- use a digi here, a clear stamp there, grab a digi sentiment, accent it with a clear stamp. The creativity is endless!

On to my creation...


Soooo much better -- more crisp and easy to print and color! I grabbed my Copic markers and used these colors - B60, B63, B66, Y15, YG000, YG23, YG21 and YG25. I shaded with BG0000 and BG000.  After I was done coloring, I did add a little razzle dazzle with some glitter glue. See?



And here's a peek at the sentiment on the inside. If you can't tell, this is a gatefold card meaning the opening hinges on both sides and folds in. Thought this one needed a little bit of a twist! ;-)



And after diecutting the image with a Spellbinders Classic Hearts die, I matted it all up, added some bling and ta da!!! Fini! Being that this is Friday, I am joined by some of my fellow Bloomies as they show off some of their creations that they whipped up this week! Hop on over and see.....


Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon -- promise! ;-)
~Julie



Post a Comment