Friday, June 16, 2017

Buzzin' In With a Color Challenge!

Happiest of Fridays Peeps! If you are a fan of  'The Blog' over at Power Poppy, then this little post below might be a re-run of sorts for you! I posted there and now, I am posting my card and inspiration.... here on my little space on the web! Each Tuesday, yours truly hosts this little challenge below to help you kickstart your creative week! 


While scrolling through Ms. Marcella's Instagram, I stumbled upon this whimsical wonder and just knew the color scheme could help spark creativity! Say "hello" to the Idea Garden full of the skilled handiwork of the Master Gardeners of Champaign County, Illinois. I love those beautiful purple puffs, a.k.a. Allium, that just appear to stand at attention! So, this is how our color palette for this week's Hues to Use sprouted with shades of vibrant violet, weathered grey, and leafy green. See? 


This is how my creation began! I used Power Poppy's Asters Abuzz digital stamp set and colored it up with my Copic markers using a mix of leafy greens in G21, G24, G28, YG00, a bit of vibrant violet using V00, V01, V04 and V06, and the grey, I saved for my card layout. You can see I used some light blue Copic markers to add some pop and fizz with some stippled accents! 


So, I have a confession to make. It's actually a tragedy to share! :-( So, I colored up this image above and decided that I needed to cut out this image with a die cut circle. So, I put my little image in my Spellbinders "sandwich" and started cranking! Well, when I opened it all up, I didn't see the die that had been stuck to the other side of my die machine plate. OH. MY. GOSH!


THERE WAS A SCALLOPED EDGE DIE THAT CUT OFF THE TOP PART OF MY IMAGE! 

Instead of throwing away my colored up and cut up image, I decided to make lemonade out of lemons! After staring at it for what seemed like an eternity, I decided the only thing I could do was to cut it up further with a 1-1/4" circle punch. So, with one eye closed, I worked to "save" what was left!

And this is what I came up with!


I have to admit, It was tough "recovering" from my mishap! HA! But, I actually do love how this turned out and made the image more of an accent to the sentiment than the other way around. 

Here's a closeup of those little fuzzy bumbles....


And, did you notice that my card is two-fold? This little creation also could be in the running for this little challenge!


So, my sweet stamping friends, now you have TWO ways to challenge yourself this week! Hues to Use.... and this month's Power & Spark Junebug Challenge, which urges you to add a little bug to your card or creation!

Thanks for stopping by my friends! I'd love to see you put vibrant violet, weathered grey and leafy green to the test! When you do, make sure to link up your creation HERE! I cannot wait to see what you come up with! Seeing you share your creative endeavors makes my heart smile! ;-)



As you go hopping along your way, make sure to pay these fine ladies a visit to see what wonderous paper creations they've whipped up ... just for you!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber>>> you are here!
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Have a fabulous weekend creative peeps!
~Julie

No comments: