Monday, October 16, 2017

Happiest of Holidays 2017 - Day 1!

Hello my peeps! Today is a super dooper exciting day here on my blog! Why? Well, today is the kick off to a fun-filled week of sneak peeks! The Bloomies are joining forces all this week to show off  Power Poppy's Happiest Holidays 2017 Collection!!! If you've been waiting and wondering if Power Poppy was going to get busy decking the halls with a holiday flair in time for your holiday card making -- the answer is a resounding YES! And, I happen to think this is the best holiday collection Marcella has ever drawn! Yep, I honestly do!!

Today's sneaky peek includes one darling snow guy, just ready to spread massive doses of holiday cheer! 


Power Poppy's first snowman in clear polymer looks as if he's popped straight from the woodsy forest with a potted tree in hand, and he may also have ducked into the pom-pom department of the craft store. With Scandinavian stitched details, Snow Kissed comes complete with a coordinating stocking and several small elements to create repeating backgrounds or snowy skies!

On to my creation!


I have to tell you, I have a love affair with snow guys. Despite their cold as ice personas, they warm my heart with their expressive and jolly little faces! This snow guy is as cute as the dickens and coloring him up was a pure joy! 

I colored him with Copics and didn't really reach for many -- a few shades of green for the tree - YG21, YG23, YG25; a few shades of red R24, R29, R39 for accents; a few shades of cool blue for his icy exterior - BG0000, BG00, BG10; some purplish greys for the hat, BV20, BV23, BV25; and E31, E23, E25 for the pine cone tree. 

If you look at the blue border near the bottom of the card, you'll see one of those repeating elements I mentioned -- a Nordic snowflake and heart pattern that just sets the right tone on any wintery creation!

Here's a close up so that you can see what I did with some of the other fun accents! I made heart shaped charms that I attached to some silver accented twine! 




And here's a peek at the inside using one of the set's sentiments!


And that, my friends, is it! We have a full cast of characters sharing this set today.....



So stop by, say "hi" and see how these fine ladies handled being "Snow Kissed!" 


Allison Cope
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow, the sneaks continue with a rustic set that puts nature's spin on rejoicing for the holidays.

See you then!
~Julie

No comments: