Friday, October 21, 2011

Merry Kissmass!


Hi all and, more importantly, T.G.I.F! Today, all the Flourishes gals are showing off more of their release week "fashions" from Flourishes brand new October release. I cannot tell you how much fun I have had getting in the Christmas spirit a little bit early! And, as you'll see with my creation today -- I had another excuse to pull out the Kisses! I know what you are thinking... I might just need to buy a case of Hershey's Kisses for all these sweet projects. And, you know what? You might be right! ;-)

On to my creation! This "sweet" window box!
I used a mix of papers from my scrap box, and some of Flourishes' Clear Card Stock to create my little acetate window... see?
So, how did I make the box? Pretty easy peasy actually! I took a piece of red card stock that measured 8 by 8" and using my Scor-Pal Mini, I scored 2.5" all the way around. This will create the bottom of the box. I did cut the flaps so that I could fold the flaps on the inside for the box construction. For the lid, I took a piece of paper that measured 5.25 by 5.25" and I scored 1" all the way around, snipping to create flaps and securing with a bit of glue runner. Before I assembled however, I did center a circle die on the center of the scored area, ran it through my Grand Calibur, and then added the clear card stock, adhering to the inside of my box top with glue dots.

Inside is a little trifold card! The top has the Mistletoe sprig from the Meet Me Under the Mistletoe set that was stamped on Flourishes Classic White and cut out using the Spellbinders Blossom Die. I colored this up with Copics and you can see the collections I used below!
This is the bottom of my card, I actually used the mistletoe border from this set to create a kind of frame. I colored it up and added some glitz to the berries with the help of some glitter glue!
Add in some little tasty kisses and you've got one sweet little gift to give to someone you love! I will say, the middle panel is blank for a reason -- I plan to print off a photo of my family and put that in the center.  I can see this going into a basket of goodies that our family will shower on someone!

You'll want to check out the other fabulous creations the Flourishes DT whipped up using these brand spanking new sets! And don't forget, today marks the end to Flourishes New Release Bundle -- 10% off all four new sets when you purchase as a bundle!




Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you all back here soon! It's supposed to feel like fall here in my neck of the woods. I might have to find some colorful leaves to play in! ;-) Take care!



SUPPLIES I USED..............

11 comments:

Ravengirl said...

This is really cute Julie! I like the trifold idea for the card!

Amanda said...

Aaack! I Love this, LOVE this L-O-V-E this, Julie!!! I love 3D items and I must try this!! Oh I can't waitto get in my craft room this weekend (fall cleaning all this week kept me away :( ) and try this out!! :) You have some pretty awesome ideas I just want to CAS ;)

dpkennedy said...

Oh so pretty! Wonderful box...and full of chocolate! You should get lots of kisses for that! Fab project!

Sue from Oregon said...

Very cute Julie!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that's so CUTE! I love the mistletoe frame. Such a darling idea, Julie!

Glenda said...

Julie, I love the box and the mistletoe. Very creative idea!

Renee V said...

Wow, what a gorgeous box! Love the merry "kissmas" to go with the hershey's kisses.. Beautiful, beautiful and inspiring!

Cheryl said...

Love the box, and the card is so pretty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Toooooo cute, Julie! Love that great box... such a perfect gift idea!

Cindy Lawrence said...

This is just GORGEOUS, girl! I am thinking these would be sweet table favors for Christmas dinner...or Thanksgiving for that matter. I'm going to have to try my hand at them...guess that means I need Kisses too, huh?! ;-) Awesome project, my friend!!!

Janett said...

What a cute gift, love the card ideal on the in side.