Friday, October 7, 2011

Turn up the Metal!

Are you ready to rock? Well, you would think that's what Flourishes' Release Week Challenge is all about just by looking at the title! Actually, it's about the shine and glitz that metallic can bring during the holidays. So, we offer you.....

   

HOW TO PLAY: Silver, gold, copper, or bronze -- whichever metal you pick, just make sure it has a presence on your creation! Just that simple -- use a little metal on your card and you're in the running.

Want to see my creation? I have to say I started with a little Mojo Monday inspiration. You can check out this week's sketch HERE! It's a fun one!
I used the Sweets of the Season set from Flourishes for my main image. I just love this candy cane - there are so many cute images in that set, I tell ya! After I stamped the candy canes on Flourishes Classic White Card Stock, I colored them up using the Poppy, Spring Greens and Holly collections grouped by Flourishes and added a dash of Glitter Glue! The rest is just decorative paper, some metal faux nail head stickers, a little glitz in the way of some gold stitching, green ribbon and some fabulous red foil paper. I used the Spellbinders Classic Circles Die and Blossom dies for my main image and mat. The punch is a Stampin' Up punch. And that, my friends, is it! Where's the metal? In the metal foil paper, the nail head stickers, even the gold thread! Want to see a close up?


Keep in mind, the deadline for this challenge is Friday, October 14th at 5PM EST. If you upload to SCS, please use the Keyword- FLLCOCT11 so folks can find and see your entries! After you create your card, be sure to head on over to the Flourishes Blog and link up your creation on the challenge post there. This month, Flourishes has FOUR new stamp sets to share. The previews start next Tuesday and just think, by entering this challenge you could WIN them all! This card also qualifies for Stacy's Christmas Spirit Challenge that you can read up on HERE!  It's called 'Shiny Like a Piece of Candy!' :-)

Need a little inspiration to get you on your creative way? Check out what our DT whipped up.....

Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth 
Danielle Kennedy
Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger

Thanks for stopping by! We can't wait to see how you let a little metal sing on your cards or creations! See you all back here soon!

 Supplies I used:
http://mystampingthyme.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Glenda said...

Your card has me singing Christmas songs...keep in mind it's 4:20 AM here. I'm sure my voice this early is not appreciated! Love the image and all the metal touches!

Karen W said...

Really pretty card, love those candy canes!

Cheryl said...

This puts me in the Christmas spirit for sure! Love the red metallic cs as your frame, your coloring is spectacular (I especially like the lime green ribbon around the candy--my fav color!), and the bow is beautiful with that red bling accenting it. Awesome card!

Ravengirl said...

This is really cute! I'll be putting my thinking cap on for this one!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Darling card, Julie! LOVE that you even used gold thread for the stitching!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Great card Julie! Love the red metallic paper.

Amanda said...

Stink, it's almost Release Week..I barely recovered from the last one, which felt like Last Week, by the way ;)

I love your card! It's beautiful and I love the red as a metallic accent! I haven't seen paper like that anywhere around here. I'll have to hunt that down, because you and your card have convinced me I need that! It looks so fabulous with your Candy Canes! :)

~ Christmas is creeping up on me this year :)

ChristineCreations said...

Candy-liscious girl! This feels so shimmery and pretty. I love that gem flower in the ribbon too!

Barbara said...

So pretty, Julie! Love your bright holiday colors!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is so cute, darling hints of sparkle. great Christmas card.

Renee V said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Yogi said...

pretty, fun and festive. Can I have some of your candy canes please...

Leslie Miller said...

Love the sheen and shimmer of all that fabulous metal! Used one of my favorite Christmas images, too. It's on my list of must-use stamps this year. Love this one, Julie! It's got a lot of fun going on!

Leslie said...

Definitely in the spirit of the Christmas holiday, Julie! This is absolutely gorgeous!!

ecpiercy said...

How pretty! The green and red metallic are very festive!