Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lovin' Summer!

Ahhhh..... summer will be here before we know it and... that means longer days, hotter nights, sitting under the stars and soaking up the nice weather. We know the grass is just starting to green up and spring flowers haven't even really begun to see their full glory -- but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate those warmer days ahead! The Flourishes Design Team is getting in the spirit of outdoor fun now and if you play along with us, you could win Flourishes' entire April release! All you need to do is play in the... 

SummerLovinChallenge  

HOW TO PLAY: To join in this challenge, all you need to do is be inspired by this beautiful color palette above OR create with summer in mind! This one can be loosely interpreted! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCAPR13. Enter as many times as you like, but know that if you use Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until April 12, at 5PM EST to enter. You can CLICK HERE to enter your card using the Inlinkz widget!

On to my creation!
I just love this little image from the Sweet Days of Summer set! I have such fond memories of just setting up the sprinkler with the neighbor kids and running wild! I think most days my mom would have to drag me inside because playing outside (most often in a bathing suit) was the best way to spend the day! So, that's why I picked this image!

My card is really simple -- I used Memento Teal Zeal ink for both my image and my sentiment. Matted it all up on some decorative papers (these are a mix of papers from my scrap bin that coordinated) Add some paper piercing, stitching, some ribbon, a button and mat it all up on a 5" square card out of Flourishes Classic White!  And that, my friends, is it! This is probably only a 15 to 20 minute tops card. The hardest part is cutting paper and die cutting! Easy peasy!

If you need a little inspiration, it’s never far away with our design team’s creations! Hop on over and see…
  The OFFICIAL Rules…..
  • Simply create a card and be inspired by the photo above or by... SUMMER!
  • Entries need to be in by Friday, April 12th at 5 PM EST
  • Those that use Flourishes stamps will be counted twice for their entry
  • You must link your creation on this post using our inlinkz widget in order to qualify
  • You must have a link to our challenge in your blog or gallery post
  • Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those that don’t combine will be in the running.
  • If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCAPR13
  • We’ll announce the winners Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post on Saturday, April 13th, so check back then to see if you’re one of the lucky winners!
Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have some creative fun planned this weekend. I know with Flourishes' release week coming up next week that I do -- so stay tuned -- sneaks start next Wednesday! Happy stamping!

~Julie

Pin It

4 comments:

TLady said...

Our kids are older now but, I remember the days....setting up the water play! It was ALWAYS an EXCITING TIME for our kids! Your card IS PERFECT to remember those days! I LOOOOOOOVE IT Julie!!!!!!! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute Julie! The kids were in the sprinkler yesterday if you can believe it, they said it was a heat wave. whatever... This is fun, great papers and oh I like that stitching.

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card!! Reminds of my summer days when I was just a girl and later with my girls. Great memories.
Thanks for sharing.

Heather Rogers said...

This is super cute Julie! I love those papers with that stamp set. I just hope spring gets here soon, then we can hope for summer. :)