Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Wrap it With Ribbon! FTTC214

Happy Tuesday everyone! The sun is shining here in my neck of the woods and it is really starting to feel like spring outside. So, I thought I'd usher in a little spring on a card and take part in Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge -- which is FTTC214 -- to layer two or more ribbons on a card or creation! 
So.... on to my creation!You can see below that I decided to layer up some lace with some pink seam binding ribbon!


What's fun about this stamped image? You might not recognize it because I only used a portion of the stamp. It's actually just a snippet of the Apple of My Eye set -- see? I just love that portion of the branch and decided it would be fun just to use that snippet.


I started my creation by using the Apple of My Eye Silhouette Cut file and cut the shape out of Flourishes Classic White Card Stock. I stamped my image using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. Then, I colored up my image using Copic Markers (see below for which colors I used). Add some lace, some seam binding ribbon, a little paper piercing, some bling, a doily and... almost done! The layout that I used was actually this week's Mojo Monday! Here's a peek at the sketch!
And, here's a closeup of those fun Apple Blossoms....


And that, my friends, is it! If you want to play along in this week's Timeless Tuesday, just click HERE to find out all the challenge details! Thanks for stopping by! Hope your week is off to a great start and that you are experiencing a bit of spring in your neck of the woods! 

See you back here soon! 

~Julie

supplies:



Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you that you color beautifully? You did a very lovely job on using your ribbon and following that sketch. That apple blossom snippet is perfect. You have a wonderful eye and I have no buds on my apple trees yet. It's 21* here this morning and it was s-n-o-w-I-n-g on Monday, no foolin'. C'mon Spring! denise g.

Ravengirl said...

Beautiful work Julie! Those apple blossoms are gorgeous!

Cornelia said...

Very beautiful card!