Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sneak Peak 1: Bough Wow Wow!

Hello all! Are you ready to help Power Poppy "ring" in more fun for the holiday season ahead? Well, the Bloom Brigade sure is! Today marks day 1 of the Happiest Holidays Collection -- PART TWO! Over the course of the next four days, we'll be showing off new stamp sets to make your holiday season even merrier! 

Ready for the first sneaky peak? This set just makes my heart flutter!


This set -- Bough Wow Wow -- truly puts the WOW into Christmas Boughs! This set features two splashy, greenery-stuffed swags! Who doesn't love a holly-packed swag full of vintage glass ornaments? Or, how about a boxwood bough stuffed with warm and fuzzy things like wool mittens, ribbon streams and fuzzy little pom poms? Too fun! 

On to my creation!

Okay, I have to admit that I need to freshen up my winter/Christmas paper offerings. After digging through my patterned paper packs -- I found one I do love from last year! Remember Echo Park's Keepin' Cozy? Love the reds and blues and I decided to use that paper to set the tone of my creation! I stamped my image using Memento Espresso Truffle and then reached for something kind of new in my stamp room --- my Ranger Distress Ink markers! I used Shabby Shudders, Stormy Sky, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, and Forest Moss. To color up my image, I did a mix of coloring directly on my image and scribbling the marker on a palette and picking it up with a blender pen. I am loving having these markers in my stash of goodies! So fun to use!

When all was said and done, I added some accents with a white gel pen and then, of course, some glitter glue! See?

After I die cut an oval with my image and added some sponged Broken China Distress Ink, I added a Stampin' Up button, a half doily, some red and white twine and some little enamel dots from Stampin' Up in the corner! And that, my friends, is it!

Because this set is so perfect for ushering in some holiday cheer, you will have to stop by and see how all the "Bloomers" used this merry little set! 


Julie Koerber >>> you are here!


I'll see you back here tomorrow as Power Poppy pulls the lid off another new set! "Soft" and "Peaceful" are two words that you could use to describe this beauty! See you back here then! 

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Oh Julie! I love how you combined these colors! Fun and beautiful!

Linda Sodano said...

Love this card! Love the colors! Love the stamp! Great job!

ChristineCreations said...

LOL we are funny picking from the same paper pack :) Love your delicate touches like the button and twine and doily....and I knew you’d pick the knitted bough :)

Leslie Miller said...

I know I'm going to be saying "WOW" over and over again today, and here's the first one -- "WOW!" I love this set so much and you made it look so fabulous. The papers are cute and no matter that they aren't this year's. Mine are all old. How could you possibly use them up in a season?

Allison Cope said...

So beautiful Julie! I love the soft, almost hazy feel of your image! It's so gorgeously coloured!

Becky said...

This is beautiful!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

Queen Mary said...

Julie, this is such a beautiful image, and your coloring and paper choices just show it off perfectly!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fun,cozy and beautiful! I do like these colors together and great use of your older paper. ;-)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

My oh my!! I love how you colored this image!! My favorite part is how you colored the little white pom-pom thingies...The blues, pinks, pointillism....WOW!!! What a charming and gorgeous card Julie!!