Monday, October 27, 2014

Something's Sketchy!

Hey all! It's Monday -- which means I pull out a sketch from the PageMaps archives, tinker, create and then, share it here! For today's card, I wanted to challenge myself to take one of the sketches and simplify it -- making it a 10 minute creation! Who doesn't need a few of those up their sleeves for those cards "in a jiffy" occasions?

Here's a peek at the card....


And here's a peek at the sketch! 



You can see, the sketch has a wee bit more going on -- like the scalloped border and some accents behind the image. I chose to simplify! I traded a button for a floral and washi tape for the punched border. The ruffled accent over top the sentiment went underneath. While I took a cleaner take on the sketch -- you can still see that it's there! ;-)

My stamp is from Penny Black's Truly Great cling stamp set. I love that sentiment! It's so nice when a sentiment can take center stage, don't you think? The paper pad is called A Mother's Love by My Mind's Eye. The flower is Prima. The washi tape is from Stampin' Up and the ribbon is Hug Snug Melon. Just that easy!

Here's a close up of that cute sentie! I had to -- of course -- add a little bling! ;-)



If you need a little sketchy inspiration, it's only a click away HERE at Pagemaps' CardMaps gallery! You can click HERE for the newests sketches and HERE for the whole shebang that Becky Fleck has created! Too much fun if you ask me!

Hope you have a fabulous start to your week and I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie

Pin It

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I can totally see the sketch, Julie, and I love what you did with it. The papers and colors are so pretty! Simple and quick is good!