Monday, March 30, 2015

Power Poppy Sneaky Peeks Day 2: Simply Camellias

Hello all and Happy Monday! As you kick off your week have we got a special treat! It's day two of the sneaky peeks showing off Power Poppy's latest clear stamp set release! Yesterday the Bloom Brigade lavished you with Lilac. Today, we confound you with Camellias!


Simply Cameillias takes Power Poppy's beautiful digital stamp -- Camellias --  and builds on its beauty in a clear polymer stamp set! It's the second offering in Power Poppy's brand new Scents and Sensibility Collection coming to the Power Poppy Shop on April 1st!

On to my creation!


Do you ever start with a card and have absolutely no idea where you are going? I wanted to create a soft monochromatic card and so, I started coloring the leaves of this single Camellia in shades of violet grey (BV20, BV23 and BV25). I followed it up with the flowers themselves and used B60 and B63. When I was done coloring with these two colors, I blended by coloring the entire image with V0000. It gave it a wee bit of a rosy flair. The background around my flowers was colored with BV00.

After I was done coloring I did add some dots of black and then followed up and added some white acrylic paint dots. Not sure if I love that, but my goal was to just add a wee bit of POP. The ribbon is Hug Snug and then I added some BasicGrey pearls and a fun die cut frame (Spellbinders Majestic Labels Twenty Five). And that, my friends is it! Like I said, I had no idea where this card was going when I began but I achieved the monochromatic feel!

Want to be WOWED by the rest of the Bloom Brigade. I personally can't wait to see their take on this amazingly beautiful set. These fine ladies below always seem to know how to bring these breathtaking illustrations to life!


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
Marcella's Power Poppy Post


Stay tuned dear friends! Tomorrow's set is one that will offer up another irresistible breath of spring!! See you back here then!

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, you sure achieved a gorgeous and soft monochromatic feel using this beautiful single flower!! Wow, your coloring is exquisite, and I love the delicate border die with the ribbon and pearl!! Stunning, sweet friend! Hugs!

D.Ann C said...

These are SO lovely, but the black frame makes them SOoo elegant! FAB!!

Kathy Jones said...

GASP! Oh My Goodness Ms Julie, this is one striking card!! Love the way you've used these camellias and the soft purples and then the black framing is just spectacular!

Susie said...

Simply put: I'm impressed! Beautiful coloring and I love your Copic choices. With the contrast of black this card is a show stopper!

Katie Sims said...

Julie, when you have the talent that you have, you don't need to know where you are going because you will always end up with one beauty of a card....and you did....AGAIN! :) I love the colors you used and that black frame and sweet bow are the perfect finishing touches.

Stacy Morgan said...

I think it turned out positively pretty. The shading is wonderful, so keep that idea in mind again. So very pretty and love that black frame!

Becky said...

Awesome card Julie. Gorgeous colors and love that frame.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, it's like they're floating in a camellia dream world! So pretty! And look at those little dots... the detail! You're brilliant, Julie!

Christine Kiehl said...

Wow! I love this card! The black sure makes it POP!

ChristineCreations said...

This is really fun, I just love the silver dots with the splashes of purple and black....so creative!