Friday, March 6, 2015

Let's Go for the GOLD!

Hello all! It's the first Friday of the month and that means it's time for the brand spanking new Power & Spark Challenge! Can you feel the raw excitement? I can dear stamping friends! I CAN!

Today's challenge is brought to you by one of the sweetest ladies on the planet -- TOSHA LEYENDEKKER! And, this month she's challenging us all to......


HOW TO PLAY: Here's what dear Tosh has to say about the GO FOR THE GOLD challenge!
"March 17 just happens to be my husband's birthday. So, even though he's not Irish, I can't help but think of St. Patrick's Day. However, I don't want to focus on Shamrocks, Leprechauns or rainbows because, face it...it's really the gold everyone is after, right? And I struck gold when I married this man 25+ years ago. So, make a card that has gold incorporated into it: embossing, paper, embellishments, etc.!"
There you have it folks! Use a little gold on your card, link up your creation using the linky ON THIS POST HERE! Just that simple! You can also follow that link to all of the official rules!

On to my creation!

I tried to create with a trifecta of gold for this one! I have a snippet of gold cording, a gold colored decorative paper and even the use of gold-ish yellow marker in the color of my primrose! And, while Tosh said not to worry about St. Patty's Day, I threw in some green for good measure! ;-) I stamped the primrose from Power Poppy's Potted Primrose stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored up my image using Copic Markers. Trim around my image, attach it to my decorative paper using foam tape and then, add a little razzle dazzle with the help of some glitter glue! The sentiment is from the Big Scripts stamp set and the shape before I stamped the sentiment in Teal Zeal Memento had been cut thanks to a Silhouette cut file I created. Mat it on a couple layers of paper die cut thanks to Spellbinders Labels Seventeen and... almost done! I paper pierced the decorative paper (from Carta Bella's Yesterday collection), mat it all up and... ta da! Done!

Here's a little close up for you!


And that, my friends is it!  Want to see the Bloom Brigade's spin on this sparkly, 24 karat challenge? I know I do! 

Julie Koerber >>> you are here!

So..... get those fingers inky and Go for the Gold! We can't wait to see how your creations shimmer and sparkle with that Midas Touch! ;-) Happy Friday and have a fabulously creative weekend! 

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Beautiful, Julie! Love the sweet pierced border, and the colors remind me of spring. Sigh...will it ever come? We used the same set, my sweet sistah...love that! XO

Cheryl W. said...

So pretty, Julie! Love those pots of posies and all the little details (like piercing) that you have added.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Julie! THe green designer paper adds a vintage flair with the gold I think. Your coloring is fabulous! Very pretty!

ChristineCreations said...

What a fun and sweet design Julie! That rich green really plays off the other colours beautifully!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a fun challenge today and what a beautiful card!! I just love all the wonderful colors you have together with the gold accents!! Stunning, and yes, I like the green DP for St. Patrick's Day and of course your piercing (a favorite of mine). Beautifully done and a fabulous challenge. Thanks for sharing Tosha's explanation for the challenge. Hugs!

Karen W said...

Very pretty!!! I have to get busy and play with these stamps the cards using these are fantastic!

Davi said...

Very pretty, love the way you cut out the image and the pretty layers :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

You, my friend, are so creative!! I LOVE your gold paper. The background looks like printed sequins. So cool! And your golden flowers and centers, along with the gold string...you ROCKED this! Not to mention your fabulous coloring!! Gorgeous card!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! So beautiful and your paper snipping skills are out of this world. This little potted Primroses look just so lovely with the golden background, simply beautiful Christine.
I'm going to get going and make something for this challenge, the price is irresistible.
Thank you for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

This image looks so cute cut out, Julie! I never would have thought to do that. Pretty with all the golden touches, and it looks great with the green!