Friday, February 9, 2018

Happy Va-Va-Valentine's Day

Hello sweet peeps! Goodness, it has been AGES since I have posted here! I sure hope all of you are well and that you are staying warm in this winter we are having. Here in the north, the snow is falling, falling, falling and we are having a tough time digging out! We had freezing rain today on the heels of about a foot of snow. Not fun! It's like a little ice rink everywhere!

And that... my friends.. is why I had a little creating time last night! It's also why some of my pictures are a wee bit dark -- no natural light! I might take new photos and swap them out when the light returns. Until then, try to imagine these in full color! LOL!

What I am about to share uses Power Poppy's brand new SUPER fun digital stamp set called Va-Va-Valentines! Oh my gosh, this set is too cute for words and I know it will be one I print off and print off and print off with sheer joy! So, take a look at the trio of cards that I made. All were colored with various Copic markers and all measure 4" by 4". I had these little 4-1/4" envelopes that I never seem to use, so I thought these would be perfect cards to put those little envies to use!


Here's a peek at the first card, accented by silver foil paper and a few little domed rhinestones! Oh, and glitter glue, lots of glitter glue on those little hearts! This one, even though it looks a little girly will be sent to my son at college this weekend!


This next one was accented with a heart embossing folder, some twine and those darling little metal clips from Stampin' Up. The little "I Love You" sentiment is from Power Poppy's Lavender set. The size was perfect for my little punched heart. Don't you think? This one, I set aside for my hubby! ;-) 


And this last card was dolled up with some silver cording and some silver foil paper that was punched with a scalloped-edge punch. I did (on all of them actually) add a little doo-dads here and there thanks to a white gel pen. This one is going to be given to my darling daughter. I really am her biggest fan! So, it's perfect. 


And that, my friends, is it! Super cute images to deck out in minutes thanks to the fact that the sentiment and image are all included in one stamp. Don't you just love that? I do!

Well friends, we have a full house of designers joining in on the fun this Friday! So, be sure to hop on over and see these lovelies below!


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


I hope you have an amazing weekend ahead! Thank you so much for stopping by and seeing a little bit of what I have been up to!

~Julie 



8 comments:

Ann said...

So pretty!

Congrats on YVW!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What an incredible trio Jules!! Love the color combos, and of course, your coloring!!

Leslie Miller said...

Love each and every one of them! So darling. They're especially cute in the small size. I've had such fun with this set!

Stacy Morgan said...

Look at you go girlie... These are super CUTE!!! The clips on the one are perfect accents. The coloring on each is perfect. Just adorable all around.

ChristineCreations said...

Julie these are SO cute! The touches of silver and sweet little accents make them such cute expressions of love!

I’m with you on all the snow....it’s been like that here too. We’re longing for spring!

Allison Cope said...

Super happy cards this week Julie! Love all the fun layers of patterned paper and the embossed cardstock. Wonderful creations! Warm hugs!

Joan B said...

these are beautiful! you are so talented

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, these are absolutely darling, and I love that you made them small for your small envelopes. I should do that too with all the envelopes I have - haha! Each one is so sweet, and I love your coloring and layouts! Hope your weather starts to warm soon. We are having gorgeous weather here in South Florida (but you don't want to know that, right?). Hugs! xoxo