Friday, December 13, 2019

Another little Christmas idea!

Hello peeps! Happy Friday to you all! I can't believe I am saying this but, did you realize there are only 12 days until Christmas? What? Holy cow! I have cookies to bake, presents to wrap, a few little bits of shopping and... most importantly... I need more time to just "be still" and feel the real reason for the season. So, I am hoping that I can do all of that and cherish each and every moment. How about you? Are you ready?

Well, if it is an extra card idea you need, I thought I'd share one I whipped up yesterday in my stamp room. It's a super easy design and it uses one of the new digital stamps just released by Power Poppy called Handmade with Love Tags. The beauty of this set is that there are 8 images in this set AND you get the images with and without sentiments.


I decided to print off this particular tag -- which features this darling deer -- without a sentiment and I blew up the image a bit so that I could make it a card front. And, since Lisa challenged us all on this week's Creative Confetti to use non-traditional colors to create, I decided to take her up on her challenge! You can click HERE to see the color palette for yourself but it was a nautical navy, an evergreen and a silvery grey.

I colored this image up with Copic markers and when I was done, added a little bit of sparkle thanks to a Wink of Stella clear glitter marker and then added some "snow" with the help of some watered down white acrylic paint and a stiff-bristled paintbrush.

Here's a closeup for you! I should mention that the sentiment is from the Power Poppy clear set called Glitter House Village. 


I have to say this is such a charming image to color and I loved every second of it! I think I might save this card not for a Christmas card but maybe a Christmas thank you. It's a nice card to send, actually, anytime during winter! So, we'll see how it ends up in the mail!



It's time to hop on over to these fine ladies to see what they've whipped up for you this week!




Julie Koerber >> you are here!



On that note, I hope you have an amazing, creative and festive weekend!

Happy stamping!
~Julie 

4 comments:

Nancy Sheads said...

Fabulous! Love the colors!

Barbara said...

Great idea for this card. It doesn't have to be a tag. Love those digi's that we can manipulate to fit our needs. I actually finished all of my Christmas cards by September, but I think I will make a few more for net year.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is very cute and pretty all in one. I like the colors and the warm feeling.

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

It's gorgeous Julie, this is my most favorite image from the Handmade with love tags. I love how you used the colours from the challenge.
Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful Sunday.