Monday, November 16, 2020

Power Poppy Quiet Christmas: Joy to the World!


Hi all! Happy Monday everyone! Today, Power Poppy's Quiet Christmas Release offers a little something for everyone and today's final post of our release offers a big and bodacious bouquet that might make you swoon! Check out Joy to the World Bouquet -- a set filled with Christmas botanicals and some beautiful sentiments to accompany them! 


When I looked at this big and beautiful set of blossoms, while I LOVED the enormous cluster of flowers, I wanted to show a sweet and delicate card using just the smaller image in this set along with one of the sentiments. So, here's what I did! 


I loved the sentiment and chose to make it the focal point. I downloaded a dotted circle frame that I found on the net to serve as my guide for my rhinestones, then, I used the digital version of this sentiment, dragged and dropped it into the middle of my circle frame, printed on my laser printer and then, using my foil system (a laminator and some rose gold foil), I placed a piece of foil only on the sentiment and ran in through my laminator. I love this! I have to say, I did remove a portion of the circle frame by erasing it digitally so that I could stamp my flower at the edge of the frame. I did fussy cut this before I ran it through my die, making sure to lift this portion over the top of the die so that it wouldn't be cut in the process. I love the effect!

From there, I just colored up my flowers with Copic markers, using a few shades of red and green for the berries and leaves. And then YG000 and YG00 for the center portion of my lenten rose along with some B0000 to highlight some of the petals. And... ta-da! Done!

Here's a little close up for you!


And that, my friends, is it! 






Now, I have to tell you, I saw some of the samples from my fellow Bloomies, so you are going to want to pay these fine ladies a visit to see their Joy to the World Bouquet creations. So stunning!



Thanks for stopping by! We hope you love the sets the Bloomies have been showing off this week! Did you know that you can buy either this leg of the release or the one we unveiled in October as bundles for a discount? YES! You can! Just click HERE to take a trip to the Power Poppy Shop if you love and have to have them all! Have a wonderful rest of your week and I'll see you back here soon!









4 comments:

Barbara said...

I loved that little flower too and wanted to use it, but I think you knocked this out of the park. A cute and easy, and quick card for the holidays.

Leslie Miller said...

I love that you used the smaller image with such impact on your card. It's so cute! Those rhinestones and the foiling with all the red and plaid, sigh... so festive and pretty!

Ann said...

Beautiful card love the plaid you used.

Sandy Baggarly said...

I love the way you used the foil effect. I’m making my New Year cards this way, using gold foil for some of the confetti & sentiment. Awesome card!