Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thomas Kinkade... day 4!



Hello All!
This was one of my favorite techniques with Thomas Kinkade stamps! I stamped the image on glossy card stock with black Staz-On ink, heat set it,and then colored in the areas I wanted to stay white with snow with a white crayon. Using direct to paper, I slid and "smooshed" (dontcha just love the word smooshed) my distress vintage photo ink pad all over the image. I wiped off the excess ink with a paper towel. This really make my white snow "pop!" After that, I used a very pale blue marker to color in some light blue into the sky and on the snow. I also wiped off the excess so that this color would appear very soft. After that, I went to town coloring in the windows with a golden glow. I colored the door green and added the green, red and yellow Christmas lights at the roof line. Don't forget the lanterns! I matted this image onto a light blue piece of card stock,tied a sheer blue ribbon around it and stuck it to the front of a kraft card stock card base! This is one of those cards that looks like it took some time to create---but didn't!

Have a happy Wednesday!!!
Post a Comment