Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thomas Kinkade... day 4!



Hello All!
This was one of my favorite techniques with Thomas Kinkade stamps! I stamped the image on glossy card stock with black Staz-On ink, heat set it,and then colored in the areas I wanted to stay white with snow with a white crayon. Using direct to paper, I slid and "smooshed" (dontcha just love the word smooshed) my distress vintage photo ink pad all over the image. I wiped off the excess ink with a paper towel. This really make my white snow "pop!" After that, I used a very pale blue marker to color in some light blue into the sky and on the snow. I also wiped off the excess so that this color would appear very soft. After that, I went to town coloring in the windows with a golden glow. I colored the door green and added the green, red and yellow Christmas lights at the roof line. Don't forget the lanterns! I matted this image onto a light blue piece of card stock,tied a sheer blue ribbon around it and stuck it to the front of a kraft card stock card base! This is one of those cards that looks like it took some time to create---but didn't!

Have a happy Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love that snow (and only THAT snow; not shoveling yet, I'm not, I'm not)! This is a beautiful card. Glad I found your blog and that you're still coloring. Take care!

Julie Koerber said...

Hey Denise! How are you doing??? Glad you stopped in! When you sent me that packet of cards and things you had colored, I stuck your wonderful letter in a stack to respond to. Well, I was in the middle of moving and life was, well crazy. What you sent was wonderful! A belated thanks for sharing! You'll have to stop in or email every now and then.