Saturday, December 15, 2007

Seize The Daisy!



My hubby and son went to sell Christmas trees for a service project and that left me and my daughter alone in the house! She napped. I played! This card was a ton of fun because I did something a tad different. We had some dry all tape laying around downstairs because of a recent renovation in our basement and I decided to play! If you look closely on the card, you can see the grid of white ink and the grid of brown ink. All I did was run the drywall tape (with light tack) along the sides of my paper and then I used a color duster to apply the ink. I used White Staz-On over the kraft colored paper and then I used Tea Dye Distress Ink on the lime green. I love the subtle effect. I took a picture just to show you what the tape looks like!

The stamped image is from the set Happy Harvest from Gina K. Designs. After I stamped the daisies a couple times, I just colored them using colored pencils. The "friendship" saying is actually from one of the verses in the set. I just decided to ink up only the word "friendship."
Fun stuff!
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Post a Comment