Sunday, December 30, 2007

Some Birdy.....



Hi all! If you saw yesterday's post, you saw my "by accident" card. Well, this card is the reason why I cut the heart out of the paper in the first place! This is, again, one of the new Valentine's Day stamps from Impression Obsession! Aren't the birdies cute???? Not to mention the fun saying courtesy of my DT bud, Penny! She came up with that one for the set!

I kind of labored over this card! I knew I wanted to make the heart the focal point. I originally did the heart just by embossing it on a white card. When I colored the birdies in the heart, it looked really stark. My DH actually looked at it and said -- that card isn't you at all. Funny, he knows what "me" is when it comes to cards!!! :-) So, I ran my card through again, this time cutting out the embossed heart. Then, I knew I had to use the scalloped Nestabilities to mat the heart on. After this, I was digging through an embellishment drawer and found this mini clothespin! After I put the ribbon on the card, it was a great way to add the sentiment! It wasn't my intention to use it... but when I saw it. How perfect! I added some 3mm rhinestones to the corner. And that, my friends, is it!

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!!

8 comments:

NancyK said...

That stamp is just darling - love the way you colored it. The little clothespin is a great touch.

Nancy
SBS5

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the card DD as always it is adorable. Your wonderful mother, aka the rubber maid.

Janine said...

WOW !! You have been busy this time. What great cards... Aren't those stamps from IO just fabulous. Hope you have a great New Years...

Lindsay said...

That is too cute for words!!!

Lindsay Your SBS 5 Sister!
http://www.inmystamproom.com

Diane said...

Awwww! this is adorable,those birdies are the cutest!!!

tyrymom29 said...

sooooo cute !!! Love this card!!!

Jules said...

Hands down adorable!!! Love the little clothes pin too!!!

Janine said...

Wouldn't it be fabulous if one day we could all meet somewhere for a day of stamping???

WOW !! Something to think about.

Janine