Sunday, August 3, 2008

A card remixed

Way back when, I made a card really similar to this one only with a different color scheme. Well, I was digging through papers and found this fun leaf skeleton paper and thought I would try to recreate it! I swear, I have had this paper for ages! Chris-- if you are reading this -- this paper is so old -- it came from your store! How long have you been out of the role of scrapbook store owner now? Oh my!

To make the card, I sponged on some olive vivid ink onto the strip of paper and attached it to my patterned paper by sewing the two together using some gold thread. This thread rocks -- it really, really "pops" IRL! Antique a piece of kraft paper and stamp on the saying in brown ink and fern in olive green, mat it on some gold Stardream, add some hodgepodge hardware and a metallic olive piece of ribbon and you are pretty much done! It really is a ten minute card. I love the long and lean look! I wish I was (long and lean that is)!!

Before I go, I have a shout out that I want to give to Kate Skiff! She gave me a Brillante Weblog award! Thanks Katie! You rock! And you live in a great part of the world -- of course, I am biased! :-)
Well, Sunday will be full of creating. I have until tomorrow morning to come up with a silhouette card for the FINAL ROUND of the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest! What's funny is, this card has been swimming in my head for 2 days now but I just can't bring myself to make it yet -- what's up with that?
Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! See you tomorrow with more on the contest -- you guys have been so great to get me this far -- wouldn't it be great if we ran together to the finish line!?!? oooOOOoo! That would be unreal!
Post a Comment