Thursday, August 21, 2008

Stamp Simply--- JustRite Style!

I made this for the JustRite Stampin' Champion Contest! I couldn't help it -- I've got the fever! All you need to do is make something, anything with any JustRite product and enter it in the gallery! Want to find out more? Click HERE!

I also kept in mind this week's Stamp Simply challenge, which is to use the same image on the background of your card as you do for the foreground of the card. So, since my focal point is the flower, I used the same stamp on part of my background as well! Just that simple! If you want to find out more on the challenge, take a trip to Sharon's place HERE!

I made the card by stamping the flower (Summer Blossoms - Flourishes) all over half of the base mat on my card using Rust Adirondack ink, then stamped my flower two times with the rust ink and one time with Momento Bamboo Leaves for the small stem piece at the base of the flower. I colored and cut out different sections of the flower so that I could layer it and make it 3-dimensional. The saying around my floral element was created using one of the Classic Round Wood Stampers (took the mount from my Damask Set) and the Small Letter Set for the Round Monogram Stamper by JustRite. I spelled out "Bloom Where You Are Planted" and made sure to leave some room for my stem to come up through the middle! The rest is just matting, adding ribbon and some self adhesive gold brads!

Here's a close up to show the flower and how I layered up the different parts! It actually reminds me of the paper tole that my mom used to do when I was just a little one! She cut out images she saved. I just cut out my stamped images!

Want to see what the other Stamp Simply gals did this week?
Check out:

Janine
Jennifer
Tammy
Dee
Becky

25 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Julie, beyond beautiful!!! Totally fabulous!!! A GREAT Stamp Simply example and a great card for the JR challenge - go for it!!! Good luck!!! And thanks for such a great sample!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Stunning, Jewels!!! I ADORE this card ... I want to marry this card!

Truer acronym's were never spoken: YKYR!!!

~Huggies!

Anonymous said...

Julie my girl you have been a roll!! This is beautiful!

Amy said...

ok, I LOVE the way you used the JR Stamper Julie! This card is gorgeous!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You are definitely on a roll with your mojo. Keep goin', girlfriend! Hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend. I'm hoping to ink up some of my new stamps from Novi, if only to get them in my image book. Next RAK you send, would you be a sweetie and send some TIME?!?!

Janine said...

Just gorgeous Julie!! I love that image... I will keep my fingers crossed for you in the Just Rite contest!!
Hope you have a fun weekend planned. Brian is off in a golf tournament so I am gardening, stamping, and baking bread.

Jennifer Buck said...

BEAUTIFUL! LOVE this, Julie!...love that red! ;) :)

The Rubber Maid said...

Another beauty of a card and as you know my order was placed for that great monogram toy. Love the way you added the demension to the flower by paper toleing it. Love the one below so much though it is my favorite of all times. For now at least. MOM

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Great job! Really classy! I'm inspired to check out the JR challenge! Your card is beautiful and I've always loved that sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I love the way you used the JR!! Good luck

Curt in Indy said...

This is such a cool card! Classy and rich looking! Great job! Best, Curt

Ann said...

Pretty!

I will not buy more flower stamps, I will not buy more flower stamps . . .

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Julie, i love yur ribbon, and wonderful flower.

Joanne said...

Gorgeous colors!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Julie, this is so beautiful! I love those rich, regal colors!

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and the layout :)

Tanya said...

Sooo pretty! I love that flower!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Best of luck in the contest!

Barbara Schram said...

WOW, Julie! Another great card utilizing the Just Rite stamper! I love the ability to create your own words with this product! The colors rock! And YOU rock!

Anonymous said...

Julie, I went to vote; day late! Akk! Your card made me 'bud' with joyful dreams after a day of car shopping. Roadmaster is trany and engine ill! That beautifully shaded blossom was totally for me today. No wheels and no call for a parts run. I better take a gorgeous posie to the
car garage!! laden with WD40, maybe not. You know the thought. Smashing work on this card.

krcrafts said...

wow!! This is gorgeous!! I'm waiting on my JR stamper to arrive...can't wait to play! Looks like your mojo has returned :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! This is fabulous...love how you used the Justrite monogrammer and that ribbon is to die for!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Glorious! Love the red and the way you coloured & popped the flower is SO lovely. Thanks for the terrific inspiration! :o) mel

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julie! I love the colors

Judy Rozema said...

How wonderful this is! I am thinking I will have to get that monogram set!! Just gorgeous!