Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's all about the candy corn!

Hi all! I just have to say- I am not a fan of candy corn - but I love this card! There's something about the saying that just cracks me up! To make it, I used my Nesties to create two circles and a scalloped circle, layered them up and then used colored pencils to color in the candy corn. I did outline parts of the corn with a light blue marker to help them "pop" a bit more. Add the saying, a loopy brad with some sheer ribbon and you're done!

I thought this stamp duo would be a blast for the kiddos at Halloween. Put some candy corn in a decorative bag tie it up with some fun ribbon and then put the corn and saying on a tag with Happy Halloween on the back of the tag! I'll have to let you all know if I make them up!!

Here's a close up before I go.....

Well, funny story. Today is the day for the IO design team challenge. The theme? Monochromatic. Yesterday I was in my stamp room trying to brainstorm. I made a card - showed it to hubby and he said, "That's not very good." So, I literally ripped it up, started again with a whole new concept - showed it to him and he said, "that's not much better." So, I emailed the girls and said, "I LOST MY MOJO!!!!" I really did. After I looked at what I created, it was pretty pathetic! If you'd like to see how the other DT gals conquered this one - check out...

Penny

Daniela

Laura

Deborah

Have a fabulous day everyone!


EDITED TO ADD: I can't believe I forgot to say that these stamps are both from Impression Obsession! The candy corn can be found HERE. And, the saying can be found HERE. Thanks for stopping by!!
Post a Comment