Thursday, August 21, 2008

Stamp Simply--- JustRite Style!

I made this for the JustRite Stampin' Champion Contest! I couldn't help it -- I've got the fever! All you need to do is make something, anything with any JustRite product and enter it in the gallery! Want to find out more? Click HERE!

I also kept in mind this week's Stamp Simply challenge, which is to use the same image on the background of your card as you do for the foreground of the card. So, since my focal point is the flower, I used the same stamp on part of my background as well! Just that simple! If you want to find out more on the challenge, take a trip to Sharon's place HERE!

I made the card by stamping the flower (Summer Blossoms - Flourishes) all over half of the base mat on my card using Rust Adirondack ink, then stamped my flower two times with the rust ink and one time with Momento Bamboo Leaves for the small stem piece at the base of the flower. I colored and cut out different sections of the flower so that I could layer it and make it 3-dimensional. The saying around my floral element was created using one of the Classic Round Wood Stampers (took the mount from my Damask Set) and the Small Letter Set for the Round Monogram Stamper by JustRite. I spelled out "Bloom Where You Are Planted" and made sure to leave some room for my stem to come up through the middle! The rest is just matting, adding ribbon and some self adhesive gold brads!

Here's a close up to show the flower and how I layered up the different parts! It actually reminds me of the paper tole that my mom used to do when I was just a little one! She cut out images she saved. I just cut out my stamped images!

Want to see what the other Stamp Simply gals did this week?
Check out:

Janine
Jennifer
Tammy
Dee
Becky

Post a Comment