Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stamp Simply-- Something Old!


TGIF everyone! Today's challenge for ssnotime47 was to feature something old. It could be an old stamp, a vintange look - or in my case an old card!!! You can click HERE for the official details. Ok, this is a big cheat. But no worries, I had Miss Sharon Johnson's blessing! Hi Sharon (waving!) This is the card that I submitted to Paper Crafts in the open auditions for Paper Crafts Gallery Idol. This is where it all began. I know some of you HAVE to be sick of hearing about it. I am so sorry! BUT, today is the last day. Today is when they spill the beans on who won! I have to say, I have never devoted 6 weeks to a contest like this-- ever! And, I never in a million years did I think I would make it to the top 5. It's been surreal.

The card uses one of my favorite sets of all time from Impression Obsession. It's called Build-A-Tree and you can literally build a tree for all seasons with apples, flowers, leaves and more! It even has a couple of birds in the set. I also used the Journaling I set (way cool set) for the "label" that I stamped the sentiment on. There's really nothing to this card. I stamped the different pieces of the tree using Vivid inks - Vivid Brown, and Vivid Olive. The label was stamped with Storm Blue Vivid and the saying was also stamped in brown as well. Use the slot punch to create a hole, add some ivory satin ribbon and a pearl embellishment for some soft bling - and that is it! The paper I stamped on is actually decorative paper that I bought at the dollar store!

For more inspiration.... check out:

Jennifer

Dee

Janine

Well, we are supposed to hear the news by mid morning. So, I'll be sure to blast it here. You might wonder - why would you blast it if you didn't win? Knowing how much energy it took to compete, I give all these girls a huge standing ovation. They all rock in my book. They have been so fun to work with. I laughed with some of them that we should get a box of Depends and sit by the computer to wait for the announcment. Lizzie Jones said she might opt for a box of chocolates. It's just been that kind of comradery -- which I think is cool.

So, happy Friday you all! Enjoy today!

Post a Comment