Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A partridge in a pear tree...

With World Carmaking Day fast approaching, I thought I would get a jumpstart on the jumpstart to the holiday cardmaking season! LOL!Actually, I did this card months ago as a sample for the Impression Obsession booth at Summer CHA. It's funny when you are going through all your picture folders how every now and then you stumble on a card and say-- I never posted that one! So.... here goes!

I stamped my image - Partridge In A Pear Tree - using Versafine Sepia ink. After heat setting it, I grabbed my watercolor pencils and went to town! I blended my work with a SU Blender Pen. The pot is actually paper pieced with some Lasting Impressions Paper. I colored the stars with a fine tip gold leaf pen. Add some chalk to the background, a ribbon (threaded through a hole created by my SU slot punch), and some muted decorative paper and gold Stardream to a textured green card base-- and you're done!

This card was actually used for the holiday ad for Impression Obsession! I was flipping through the Fall issue of Just Cards! and spotted it. That's a bit wierd I must say! I actually said, "Hey, that's my card!" If you happen to pick up this magazine - check out pages 37 and 47--I'm there too! :-)

Hope your week is going well! Don't forget to sign up for my World Cardmaking Day giveaway! Just see Monday's post!
Post a Comment