Thursday, September 25, 2008

Get Krafty -- Stamp Simply Style!

It's time 2 B Krafty! If you've been playing along with Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenges these past few weeks, you know that she's been featuring all her Stamp Simply gals! Well, this week it's Janine's turn!


When I look at Janine - I see large focal images with ribbon and tags-- gotta have those tags with little sayings. Janine loves Paper Trey Ink's little sentiments. If you browse her blog-- AND YOU SHOULD-- you might see that she likes more contemporary looking images- sketchy images- nothing too detailed. HERE is an example! And, HERE is another one!! See what I mean??

So.... here's my Janine inspired card! I've got the large focal image; I've got the sketchy flower (Impression Obsession Victorian Rose); I've got the ribbon; I've got the tag; I even dug out my only Paper Trey Ink set for the little message!! One thing I am missing that Janine loves are dew drops! Well, I thought gold accents would work for this card - so I grabbed my version of the dew drop--- a self stick something or other!! I might choose rhinestones, nail heads or pearls -- but that's what I gravitate toward. So, I guess that's my spin on things!! LOL!

Be sure to check out what the other Stamp Simply gals did! And, click HERE for the offical details from Miss Sharon!

Jennifer, Dee, Becky, and, of course, Janine!

Tammy didn't get a chance to play this week, but pay her a visit anyway! She's got some amazing cards with some of the new Kitchen Sink Stamps!!

Have a fabulous weekend! I'll be back soon-- with more!

21 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE this card,Julie!!! It is so pretty and SOOOOOOOO Janine!!! Your tag sentiment is wonderful!!! Gorgeous work, as always!!! Thank you so much!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, what a great card! It is so much fun to see everyones take on Janine's work. Each one is so different and beautiful!
Great job!

Joan

Janine said...

Julie I think this is 2B beautiful!!! LOL ! I think you hit the nail right on the head with this one! Have a great weekend and I will catch you up after the wedding shower on Saturday. Gotta go and clean and cook!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Julie, a fabulous card for Janine's challenge!

The Rubber Maid said...

That's a beauty and it all goes together so nicely. Very pretty.Mom

Jennifer Buck said...

BEAUTIFUL, Julie! I really love the softness of this one! So very pretty! {{hugs}}!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so pretty and elegant Julie. The flowers are perfect and I just love how you do the ribbon with th edge out. Just awesome.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Julie, this is fantastic. I love your color combination and the vintage feel.

You and your mom both did cards today that made me think 'hmmmm, I have that stamp...I could make a card like that...'!

Thanks for the inspiration! Great job!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is a very pretty card, Julie. I like your spin on the dew drops. I have really liked using my half-pearls with my cards. When you get a chance, check out my blog, because I tagged you. I know you're a busy gal and may not care to play, but perhaps you could read through the post at least. Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Julie!! The stamp and colors are just perfect for a Janine card. Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty. So sweet!!

Jamie Martin said...

Super pretty card, so soft and subtle :)

Mescrap said...

This is so pretty , love the soft tone of the card.

Barbara Schram said...

Wonderful Julie! Love the softness, and so beautiful. Take good care!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

I tagged you on my blog today...play along if you want...or not!

Dina @ mamadinis

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Shirley said...

This stamp is one of my favorites. What you did with yours is just stunning. I love the color scheme and what you did with the ribbon and the tag is just so perfect.

Anonymous said...

beautiful card Julie and I love the colors.

NancyK said...

Gorgeous images and wonderful color scheme! Pretty card!

Unknown said...

this is a very pretty card. I really like it. thanks for posting.
Vicki SBS

Misty said...

I love the vintage soft feel of your card! So beautiful.
Misty