Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Butterfly.... flutterby...

If you stop by my place here -- you know I love to color! And, when I saw this image from Gary Robertson (Impression Obsession) called Window Box... I knew it would make a great afternoon of just my watercolor pencils, a cup of coffee.... and me!

It's a pretty straight forward card! I stamped the main image using Versafine Black Onyx, heat set and then just went to town with my watercolor pencils. I usually start with one color i.e. shades of green. Then, I blend with my blender pen before moving on to the next color family. What is fun about this image is it is kind of sketchy leaving your coloring a bit to the imagination! The base is kraft cardstock that was stamped with the Heart Scroll Border and Versamark ink. Add a button, some twine, fun ribbon, and a little distressing and paper piercing and... done!


I love that little butterfly up in the corner just fluttering by. Doesn't it just remind of you of a lazy summer afternoon when life can seemingly stand still... for just a bit?

Well, I had that kind of experience as I was relaxing tonight. My daughter was riding her scooter up and down the sidewalk and I was sitting on my front porch just soaking in the evening sun when I heard this LOUD buzz..... Luckily, I had my camera next to me because I planned on taking some pics of my DD. Look what I found!

Isn't that fun? I think my neighbors thought I was nuts trying to sit in my flowers taking a picture! Oh well, it will give them something to talk about! LOL!

Hope you are having a great start to your week! See you back here soon!

Post a Comment