Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ten-Minute Creation!

Recently my neice graduated from high school and I wanted to make her a card that had a sentiment on it that really encouraged her as she steps into a new and exciting chapter of her life. So, I came up with this little card.....

I just love that quote. It is from the Timeless Quotes set from Flourishes and it is a quote from Dr. Martin Luther King. I think it is so true! My neice is about to go into nursing school. What a wild and wondeful ride that will be!

This card was truly a ten-minuter! I found some distressed linen patterned paper and I took a post it note and masked the bottom part of the card. On the top, I inked up my Nasturtiums stamp with black ink and stamped it along the top. Add some beautiful crochet ribbon, some 1/4" sheer and a stunning slide and you are almost done! I stamped the quote onto a piece of white paper that I had cut from the Curved Rectangles die by Spellbinders. I then made a frame using the same size die and the next one smaller. Add the frame to my quote along with some mini self stick silver pearls and.... done!

The card was a hit with my neice. I love when hand made cards are appreciated! It just warms the heart knowing that a card made with love is accepted with love. Don't you think???

Hope all is well in your corner of the world! See you back here soon!

8 comments:

Connie M. said...

This is just so pretty, Julie!! A perfect sentiment for a graduation card...love it on the layered nesties, and the flowers look so pretty stamped in the background!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great CAS card, Julie! I can see why your niece would love it! But then, who wouldn't love a card from you?! I love the layered crochet and ribbon and the ribbon slide - nice touches!

Janine said...

Hi Julie

What a fabulous grad card...Your niece will love it.. and I really like that sentiment... very fitting.
Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Grand ten minute card, Julie! Graduation needs attention beyond the storefront! Nursing school; a card of enccouragement each week will boost your niece toward successful completion. Crocheted lace, a little snazz and a touch of bling make this an eyepopper ten minute card.
Keep Looking UP!

Traci M said...

I love this idea for masking and using your stamp as a background, this is one elegant card and one I'd be proud to give, the idea it's only 10 minutes makes me want to try it too!!

Darlene said...

What a perfect creation for a new graduate! And, I love that sentiment ... oh, so true!!

The Rubber Maid said...

I'm sure Amanda loved this card...it is truly perfect for a graduation card. Very nice. Mom

Stacy Morgan said...

So cool! I really like the black on this, makes it pop. And your ribbon with the hardware is awesome!