Friday, June 5, 2009

Ultimate Card Showdown!

Well, I had some free time this afternoon and you know -- I love a great challenge! So, off I went to try to tackle the 2 Sketches 4 U Ultimate Card Showdown!

All you needed to do was follow Laura's fun sketch!!!


After taking a peek at this sketch, I couldn't do just one card.... I had to tackle TWO!

So, here's my first one.....

I had some Crafty Secrets goodies still on my craft desk from yesterday's creation. So, I put my thinking cap on and just went with it! I love these cotton scraps! I used some of the Radiant paper pack also from Crafty Secrets. Add a fun little clip and a metal sentiment and... done!

And... here's the SECOND card!

I took some fun scraps in red and brown and a clear set from Impression Obsession and just went to town! I paper pieced some of the cups in my main image, paper pierced added a sentiment tag, sponged around the outside and added some accents thanks to a white Inkssentials pen. Add a loopy brad with some ribbon and.... an actual coffee bean and that my friends is pretty much it!

I had so much fun with this one, you'll have to click on the link above to see what all of the other -- hundreds-- of entries did with this sketch! It's pretty darn impressive!

Happy Saturday!

Post a Comment