Saturday, October 24, 2009

Here's a funny story for you...

Ok, I am somewhat laughing as I write this post -- it just goes to show that trying something new is not ALWAYS a good thing! I found some beautiful holly berry paper at my local scrap store and thought I had a good idea!

Well.... not so much!

I took the Santa from Flourishes new Santa, I believe set and stamped it directly on my paper. After layering it up, I added a scallop, some fun red satin ribbon and one of my new faves -- a tag cut and embossed with one of Spellbinders' new dies.

After I got it all together, I showed hubby. This is what he said, and I quote....

"Who shot Santa in the face?"

OH MY GOSH!!!! After he said that, that was all I could see!!! UGH!

Needless to say, I found a scrap of the paper, stamped Santa again, matted him up, added some bling and then added him to my card front making sure to fully cover the 'bloody' Santa! LOL! I also added some color to the holly and berries with the help of some tombow markers and also added some color to Santa's cheeks with some pink chalk. Much better... don't you think?

At least now, I won't scare small children! Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend! I'll see you back here soon!

Post a Comment