Thursday, January 21, 2010

Very Vintage... Stamp Simply Style!

Hi all! TGIF! This week for the Stamp Simply Challenge, it's all about going back in time -- on your cards that is -- to create a very vintage look in your creation. Ruffle the edges, use some classic embellishments, a vintage stamp or image... just that simple! You can click HERE to hop over to Sharon's place for all the official details!

When I heard that vintage was the theme this week, I knew exactly which stamp I wanted to use. I just got my hands on this beautiful tea cup . It's from Impression Obsession. It's funny, I never noticed that the name of the stamp was Lemon Tea cup. So, when I was coloring this image up, I colored the fruit as oranges because my mother-in-law drinks herbal orange tea and that was what came to my mind first. But, in thinking about it - I've never seen anyone put an orange slice in their tea! Guess I need to become a tea drinker!

So, to create my card, I stamped the tea cup onto European Watercolor Paper and then colored it up with a Niji water brush and my distress inks. I am loving the way distress inks flow on watercolor paper. They have an oily base, so they are very forgiving! I used Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Antique Linen and Peeled Paint. After coloring up my image, I cut it out and popped it up on my card. The rest is just layering, sewing, adding a punched edge (EK Success), some satin ribbon and a fun hat pin. That sparkle is actually the light shining off the Swarovski crystal on the pin. After my card was assembled, I took a sponge and dabbed on some more distress ink around the edges. The paper is a mix of Crate Paper and K & Company. So, there you have it - my take on 'very vintage!'

Want to see what the other Stamp Simply gals created this week for ssnotime123, just hop on over and see.....

Sharon
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny
Barb

Well my friends, if you haven't gotten enough 'vintage', Cindy Lawrence, one of my fellow DT members on the Flourishes team is heading up a vintage inspired tutorial over on the Flourishes Newsletter. Just click HERE to check it out!!!

Have a great weekend everyone! See you back here soon!


Post a Comment