Thursday, January 21, 2010

IO Shaped Card Challenge!

Hi all! Hope your week is going smashingly! I can't believe it's already Thursday... woah! With Thursday comes another fun-filled Impression Obsession challenge. This one bent my brain a bit -- don't worry, I didn't sacrifice too many brain cells! ;-)

It's an "Anything but a Rectangle" challenge! Just head on over to the IO blog -- HERE -- for all the official details! There's a $25 gift certificate on the line for the week's winner!

For my card, I used my Labels 8 Spellbinders Nestabilities die for my main card shape. Then, add an oval shape and let it bleed off the card and.. bam... not a rectangle at all! ;-)

I used one of the brand new Leigh Hannan stamps that will be released this week at Winter CHA. Isn't it fun? After stamping it in black on my main white oval, I colored the base with grey Copic Markers. I thought it would be best to paper piece the dresses and add some pizazz with some Liquid Pearls. The paper is some of my favorite - BasicGrey Porcelain. I stamped the image three times on three different decorative papers. After that, I cut each dress out and then adhered it to my base image. Add a scalloped oval border, some beautiful silk ribbon, and buttons and... you're almost there! The sentiment is also a new release from Impression Obsession but instead of using the whole sentiment, I used just a piece. I used an oval punch to punch it out and then a scalloped oval punch for my mat. Voila!!

Here's a close up to show the pearls. I just love the sparkle and dimension... And that, my friends, is it! Be sure to check out the rest of the IO DT's fabulous "Anything but a Rectangle" creations!

Shirley
Daniela
Kathy
Jeanne
Dina
Jenny
Kelli
Deborah
Rosemary
Laura

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with another Stamp Simply challenge. See you then!!


13 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous, Jewels! Love the design and those beautiful l'il pearls!

Hope you're doing okay, Kiddo!

Janine said...

Love it Julie!!!

NancyK said...

I love the girly look of this card - and that stamp! It's a great one for paper piecing- great job on showing it off!

Shirley said...

Amazing, Julie~ The card is absolutley gorgeous! I said when I saw this stamp that it was a Julie stamp. This is so pretty!

Jenny Gropp said...

JULIE -- I love your card -- so fresh and FUN!

Stacy Morgan said...

So fun and cute. Great papers and love how you tied your ribbon.

Leslie Miller said...

Too pretty, Julie! I love dress forms, and Leigh Hannan designs are awesome! This gorgeous paper makes me nearly salivate. What a fun and feminine card!

Sue from Oregon said...

Cute card! Love how you added the ribbon on this creation!

ChristineCreations said...

The pearls are gorgeous on this Julie. Love how you've used the non-A2 shape too.

Jerri Kay said...

Oh my gosh, Julie, I absolutely love this card . . . that stamps is fabulous!

Darlene said...

So, so clever! LOVE IT!!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this! The colors are amazing!

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a fun shaped card and I love the dress forms!!