Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the Timeless Tuesday Celebration Continues!

Hi all!

Thought I'd share another sample I created for the Timeless Tuesday challenges that are happening over on the Flourishes Newsletter this week! Too fun! And.... prizes on the line! Gotta love that!

I created this one for Dee Jackson's Fruity Birthday challenge! You just needed to make a card that used fruit as it's main image or were inspired by the colors of fruit.

I wanted my cherries to look kind of washed out -- so I stamped them using Versafine Sepia, heat set and then used my Distress inks to watercolor them. I used Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick and Antique Linen and used my waterbrush to move the color around on the European Watercolor Paper.

I used the Antique Linen ink not only to color the stems but add some shading around the outside of the cherries. See? After I colored it up, the rest is just matting it up! I stitched around the outside of my main image, added some pearls, some satin ribbon and fun dp and... done! I wish I knew the decorative paper brand, but I only had scraps. I hate when I do that! :-) For more on the challenges click the link above to the Flourishes Newsletter and for the official rules click HERE. You have until Monday at 6 PM Eastern to play in order to be in the running for prizes!

Ok, funny story for you! I just had to share. It involves my funny little 6 year old girl. She says to me -- Mom, you got some new pink slippers, so you don't need your red ones any more. I said, "Really? What am I going to do with them?" She looks at me with sweet eyes and said, I am going to give them to the homeless. Immediately my heart melted. I said, well honey, we can buy some new ones to donate. Is this something your school is doing? She nodded. She said, "We need them tomorrow." Keep in mind, this was 8 PM as we were getting ready for bed. When hubby and I said, 'Honey, it's 8 at night - we can't have slippers for school tomorrow. It's too late." She just burst into tears. So, dad, being the softie he is, said - ok if you are ready for school at 7:20, we can leave early and pick some up on the way. She goes to bed and hubby wakes me up at 6:20 and says, "you need to go look at your daughter." I walked out into the living room and there she was - with her boots on, hat on, and backpack on. "I'm ready to go!" She woke up at 5:30 because she didn't want to sleep in, got herself breakfast, got dressed and was ready. Is that not the funniest thing? I won't soon forget that picture in my head of that little peanut! :-)

Happy Wednesday everyone! See you back here soon!

Post a Comment