Thursday, February 11, 2010

Celebrate Friendship... Day 2 of Flourishes' Sneaks!


Welcome to day 2 of the Flourishes sneaks! Today's peek, Let's Have Tea, is all about those quiet times to enjoy with friends... over tea! This set drawn by Flourishes illustrator Lauren Pope is full of classy and classic images that take tea time to a whole new level!

While I love the main images in this set, I wanted to show just how fun it is to use some of the smaller images in this set as well. The lattice style background is a new background that will be released Friday too called Tea Rose Background. More on that in a few seconds!

After stamping my tea cup on a scrap of Flourishes Classic White card stock, I colored using Copics in the collections grouped by Flourishes - Poppy, Spring Greens and Flesh Tones 2 for the tea. The spoon was colored with the second lightest shade in the Cool Neutrals Collection. I punched out with a 1-3/4" circle punch, did some paper piercing and also used a 1-1/2" circle punch to create a mask so that I could create a sponged "frame" around my image. I also used a slightly larger Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle die to notch out a half circle from my tea rose background. Add a punched border, some paper piercing, some bling and a nice sheer ribbon and... almost done!

Here's a close up of the tea cup.....

And... inside is the fun part!

This sentiment is so fun for tea inspired gifts! To make my tea pocket, I just cut a piece of craft paper to measure 7.5" by 5" and then scored 2-1/2". Fold up, stamp the tea bags along the side, add the sentiment and a paper pierced decorative paper liner and scalloped border and all you need now is the tea!
The next thing I wanted to show you all quickly is the Tea Rose Background. It looks kind of funny on the stamp. Can you kind of see? It's a criss cross pattern...

And, this is how it stamps....

The fun thing is, once you line it up, you get a pattern that could repeat from here to eternity! How fun is this! (Sorry I took a picture of it both times upside down! LOL!)

And that, my friends, is it for today! You need to hop on over and see what kind of creativity is steeping over at my fellow design teamates' blogs!

Laura Fredrickson
Christine Okken
Latisha Yoast
Stacy Morgan
Cindy Lawrence
Leslie Miller

If you want to win this set and fun new background, head on over to the Flourishes Newsletter and leave a comment on today's post to be in the running for the daily blog candy. Thanks for stopping by! We'll get together and share some good fortune with tomorrow's sneak peek! It's just in time for St. Patty's Day! :-)

12 comments:

Latisha said...

I love everything about this!!
ps
did you get my email?

Merry said...

Beautiful card...what a fantastic and stamp.

Cindy Lawrence said...

What a wonderful little tea pouch, Julie! LOVE the background stamped on kraft...YUMM!

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous, I'm so excited about these new sets!!

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Really nice !! I am afraid I am going to have to become a follower :)
Your stuff is beautiful !!

Unknown said...

Your card is really cute!! The tea rose background stamp is must-have!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Very warm feeling and what a great idea to hold tea bags! Creative and beautiful!
I like that you showed the background stamp too. :0)

Barbara said...

What a wonderful little giftie card, Julie!! Love that cutout for the cup--will definitely keep that in mind ;-) And that tea rose background! Be still my heart!!!

Leslie Miller said...

This is a perfect example of how gorgeous this background looks colored. I have envisioned this background exactly like this. You made such a beautiful card. Love that little teacup in the circle. Too, too sweet, Julie!

ChristineCreations said...

Nice nails girly! Awesome showing how the stamp comes out.

I SO love how you've used both the background and the little cup. It's so pretty in the neutral colors, and I love the little tea bag stamped inside!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous Julie! Love your colours and colouring! The tea cup is perfect and the ribbon finishes it beautifully! Love your nails too!!!

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Wow! Stunning card. Love your creation. Thanks for sharing.

Happy crafting