Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sharing a little love!!

Is everyone getting "schmoopy" out there for tomorrow's holiday of love? Hubby is -- don't die of shock-- taking me on a date. I real date! I am now wondering if there is anything in my closet suitable for a date. Hhhhmmm...

I digress! :-)

Because Valentine's Day is tomorrow, I thought I'd share a cute card I made for the Impression Obsession booth for CHA.


This is a new one just out illustrated by Leigh Hannan called Love Chandelier. Isn't it cute? What a fun and cheery stamp that you could use for so many things. I even think you could send it as a pick me up for a friend! I stamped and then colored using Copics -- just a few colors RV32, RV20, and then some of the pastels in the Copic Pastel collection. I also took my clear Copic spica pen and added some razzle dazzle to parts of the chandelier.

See? The area that looks like heart halos around the candles was actually painted on using Candlelight Shimmerz paint.

The rest is just matting it up! I have some Making Memories trim, my labels 8 die to cut and mat, a glitter button and a sentiment strip (sentiment is You Light Up My Day!) that I knotched out the "v" on at the end. Just that simple folks! Oh, I almost forgot. I did use the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing folder on the top part of my card. And.... voila!

That's it my friends! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and feel the love coming your way! ;-)

See you back here soon!

6 comments:

Joan B said...

This is adorable! Have a great date!

Jennifer said...

What an awesome card! I love the chandalier and the shimmer paint!
btw, thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comments: it meant a lot to me because I've been an admirer of yours for a long time!

hugs,
Jennifer

Caroline said...

I love your card, have a great date !!!

Barbara said...

Totally sweet, Julie!!! Love those heart shaped "bulbs"!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is totally cute! Enjoy your date!

Betty Wright said...

Fabulous colors and I just love the heart shaped shimmery bulbs! Fantastic card!

About that date? WooHoo!