Friday, October 22, 2010

Flourishes Friday!

Hi all and TGIF!!! It's Free for All Friday for the gals at Flourishes, so you'll have to hop, skip and jump over to the rest of the teams blogs to see what fun things they whipped up this week!

After last week's release, I had a itch to make a little gift box that I could set aside for the holidays. I made this one the right size for smaller gifts or even a gift card!

I started with a piece of Flourishes Classic White card stock that was 5 by 6" and then scored 1" around each edge. I took a second piece, cut it to measure 5-1/4 by 6-1/4" and also scored it 1" around each edge. And then... let the stamping begin!
Because the new A Gift for You set was meant to coordinate with the All that Glitters set Flourishes released 2 years ago, I wanted to deck out my box with all the different ornaments and color using Copic markers. I used the Holly, Spring Greens, Poppy and Delphinium (mixed with Cool Neutrals) collections grouped by Flourishes.

And then, came the fun part... the tag! I love how this stamp was meant to coordinate perfectly with the Spellbinders Labels 14 die.

I colored the tag up using the same markers, added a sentiment from the set, punched a hole for a ribbon to slide through and then, slid it through a tied a bow! After I taped up the sides of my box,the 5 by 6 one became the box bottom and the 5-1/4 by 6-1/4" became the top.

And this is what my box looks like all assembled!



The ribbon wraps around the box like a cumberbund - so that it can slide on and off for easy opening. I thought this one was a fun one and I know I'll have fun filling it with goodies for a special someone -- whoever that might be! ;-)

FYI: if you like any of the new Flourishes releases, today is the last day to take advantage of the New Release Bundle-- it's a bundle where you get all three new stamp sets for 10% off! You can click HERE to check out the details.

Be sure to stop by and see the other Flourishes gals!

Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan


Happy Friday! Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you back here soon!

15 comments:

Glenda said...

This is awesome....I just love making boxes and then decorating for the season. At Christmas, I love to tuck homemade chocolate fudge into them and give as a small gift.....Love the tag! As always your coloring is wonderful!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Julie.. Your coloring is WOW.. Love it. This will be perfect for the holidays. Great job.

Jerri Jimenez said...

A very beautiful Christmas design Julie, gorgeous stamsp!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, Julie, this is just awesome!! I love your use of the ornaments on the box, and then that label and ribbon finish it off beautifully. Great choice of colors, too! I love this!

Stampvanwinkle said...

What an awesome card Julie!!! I just love the simplicity of it and the colors are wonderful. Lovely layout and the tag, well, what can I say. A work of art!

ChristineCreations said...

So pretty and fresh Julie! Almost like a fancy department store or specialty shop wrapping. Very pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how CUTE! My gosh, this is adorable! I love how sweetly compact it is, and these stamps really pull it together on the design. Completely fabulous, Julie!

petra,s cards said...

whow your cards are beautiful!!!
xx petra

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the way the stamp fits so nicely on the die cut. Very nice!
Mom

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Julie, clever idea and wonderful coloring.

Emily Keaton said...

Fabulous, Julie!! Your coloring is just amazing :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is awesome Julie! Love the box...so beautifully coloured and the tag is a fabulous finish!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a gorgeous gift box and tag. Really love this!

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo BEAUTIFUL Julie!

Heather Rogers said...

Very pretty! I love the vintage ornaments. :)