Sunday, September 30, 2012

Feeling like Fall!


Hi all and Happy Sunday! Hope you're enjoying the last bit of your weekend. I actually had some time to create and thought I'd share! Since Friday I had fun creating with fall in mind, I thought I'd get back at it and color up one of my favorite flowers -- sunflowers! 
On to my creation!

I decided to pick up the Flourishes Set Seasonal Wreaths and my Copics for this one. And..... to serve as my inspiration, I checked out last Monday's Mojo Monday sketch. You could choose round... or square! See?
So, I stamped my image using Tuxedo Black Memento ink, grabbed my Copic markers (see below for colors), cut it out using a Spellbinders Classic Circle, sponged on some Antique Linen Distress ink while the die was still on my image and then.... mat it all up using a mix of papers (see below). I also added some paper piercing, some seam binding ribbon and a little button threaded with twine. The sentiment "Hello" is from the Flourishes Sunflower set.  I have to say -- I wish I would have taken a photo that was more straight on. The angle I took this at makes it look like my card is all crooked... :-( It's not.. promise! ;-)

Here's a close up! You can see I did add a little razzle dazzle with some glitter glue as well!


This card also qualifies for last Tuesday's Timeless Tuesday (FTTC188) -- which is to create a fall themed card. I think this fits the bill! Click HERE to check out that challenge! 
And that, my friends, is it! Well, I'm out the door headed to a Taste of Home Cooking School. Ever been to one of those? I hear it's a fun afternoon with lots of recipes, lots of good food. I'm going with a friend, so regardless -- should be fun! Hope you enjoy today and have a great start to your week! I'll see you back here soon! 
SUPPLIES USED:


Pin It

9 comments:

Cindy Lyles said...

Your coloring is amazing and I'm loving this circle layout!!!

Amanda said...

Truly gorgeous, Julie!! I love how you colored your flowers in, especially the Lilacs! I think you've inspired me to do a circle shaped card, too :)

By the way, I am super jealous of your Taste of Home Cooking School outing!! I have wanted to go for years, since my mom went to one and raved about the recipes and tasty food :)

Thank you for playing along with us :)

~ Amanda

Greta said...

Such a beauty! Your coloring is wonderful & the stitching is just the right touch!

Donna Ellis said...

Julie, such a magnificent card! I love the bright colors, and the way you've created dimension. Very elegant.

ChristineCreations said...

Looks SO great Julie! I love the contrast between the yellow sunflowers and the purples in the wreath!

Hop you had a tasty afternoon!

Holly Saveur said...

So Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty!! Love your version of the sketch. Such gorgeous colouring!
Beth Greco

Heather Rogers said...

Just beautiful Julie. I love that set and you have colored is so perfectly. :)

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Julie, this is gorgeous!! I'm so glad you could play along with us at the FTTC!