Thursday, September 20, 2012

Inspired by Nature!


Hi all and happy Thursday! It's time for another Impression Obsession Challenge and this one is inspired by nature! Just that simple -- grab your IO stamps and create with nature in mind! You can click HERE for all the details over on the IO Stamps Blog! 

On to my creation! I have to tell you, I have been having a blast with some of IO's solid stamps and matching dies!

And... that's why I grabbed a few of those solid stamps, and a few Cover-A -Card backgrounds for a quick and easy creation! I stamped the Large Solid Leaf Stem in two shades of green (Pistachio and New Sprout Memento). I stamped the Dare to Dream sentiment on the bottom of my main panel with Rich Cocoa Ink and then... the fun began! I inked up the butterfly (Solid Frilly Butterfly Pair) with Teal Zeal Memento and while the ink was still wet, I stamped on the back of my stamp with THIS Cover-A-Card stamp called Lg.Paisley. So, when I stamped, you can see a faint impression left behind by the paisley backgrounder. See?


You can also see that I added a wood grain background -- Cover-A-Card Wood Grain -- on the base of my card for a little extra pop. Add some ribbon, and a button with some twine and almost done! I added a punched border below my main panel and... ta da! I think that this is truly a 10 to 15-minute card. An easy peasy creation that you could make in a jiffy and pop in the mail! 

Want to see what some of the other IO gals whipped up for this Nature Inspired Challenge? Click on over to see...

Daniela Dobson
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Julie Koerber -- you are here!
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

Thanks so much for stopping by -- hope you make time to create and find a little inspiration in nature! :-) See you back here soon!


Pin It

8 comments:

Kittie said...

Julie, I love the beautiful patterned butterfly paired with the foliage image. Gorgeous.

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful. I love the colors and the kissing technique on the butterfly.

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautifully done!

denise g. said...

LOVE this! You are so clever! Thanks for sharing and always inspiring me.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- always love your inspiration!

KelliJo said...

These cover a card BG stamps are SO cool... my LSS carries all of them... Need to make me a trip I think! ;)

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful...I love this! Hugs ~S~

Katie said...

Wonderful card! Love the design in the butterfly wings! Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.

PS - It always takes me a couple of tries with this word verification.