Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Leaves are Falling!

Hi all and happy Friday! We have a fun treat for you today! Since Autumn was officially ushered in less than a week ago, we decided to pick up one of Flourishes' sets that honors the season and our design team is all using it today in their creations! We're talking about the set.....

Falling Leaves

 

 Isn't it a beauty? Even in black and white you can visualize the bold colors that will soon appear (and in some cases) are already appearing in real life! 

On to my creation!

I used the leaves in this set to create a frame around my sentiment. I stamped the Japanese Elm first (the green and red leaves), masked and then stamped the other two leaves. It looks hard but honestly, it was a breeze. I do have a secret weapon when it comes to masking, however, and it is THIS pen to fill in any gaps left behind by my post-it note! After stamping on Classic White with Tuxedo Black Memento, I used Copic Markers to color up my image. Add some twine, a button, some paper piercing and mat it all up on some fun decorative paper and.... ta da! (Check out my supplies list below for details on what I used to create!)

Here's a close up! I have to tell you, this did take a while to color but I have no idea how long because my mom invited me down to her house for coffee and it's amazing how you lose track of time when you're just hanging out, drinking coffee and chatting it up! :-)


And that, my friends, is it!  Below you'll find a link list to all the fine designers on Flourishes Senior Design Team. But first.... Flourishes is having a.....

   

Need to stock up on decorative paper? Well, now is your time! All decorative paper in the Flourishes store has been marked down a whopping 25%! No codes needed, the price has already been marked down. So, hit the store and stock up! We have some beautiful papers with shades of autumn, Christmas papers, plus some oldies but goodies as well! Click HERE to see! This sale will take place for 48 hours -- FRIDAY and SATURDAY ONLY! So, head on over before some of your favorite papers are gone! ;-) And... while you're hopping, be sure to check in to see all the creativity our design team whipped up!  
Thanks for stopping by! I've been busy in my craft room this week so I'll be back this weekend with some more fun for y'all! ;-) Happy Friday!  



SUPPLIES USED:






Pin It

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Julie, what a magical card! Love the layering and masking of the leaves, the vibrant coloring, and the softness where the colors extend just beyond the stamp image - so beautiful!

Joan V said...

What a beautiful card. Love the vibrant colors and all the details of your card. I never remember to add paper piercing to my projects, but I love the look. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tricia T said...

What lovely coloring! These cards are all so pretty on today's hop!

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOVE how your colors bled out around the image! It just REALLY makes your card feel like the rainy days of fall! :)

ChristineCreations said...

Spectacular coloring girly. So realistic!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gasp! Fantastic Julie, your coloring rocks. Love this girlie.

Glenda said...

Absolutely love your leaves!! Great color choices and masking!

Sandy said...

Your creation is really very pretty! So many leaves are falling here in the mountains of Western North Carolina and so many leaves have not really changed color. Love your card!
Sandy

judycs said...

Beautiful creation!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Whoa- this is just beautiful! I love the coloring- and the dimension. I love this time of year when the leaves are changing colors: )

Tammy Hershberger said...

Yowza, Julie! This is stunning!!! Great coloring on those leaves!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stunning colouring and I love how you masked the leaves!!
Beth Greco

Heather Rogers said...

WOW! Now that is some fabulous shading. :)

Hugs~